Talk:Wikimedia site translation priority list
Priority of PoliciesEdit
- I feel none of the policies should be in priority 1, since per disclaimer, the translated version of policies are not binding.
- However, the policy disclaimer should still belong to priority 1.
- I also feel that no translated policy should be published without
translating thebeing accompanied by a translated policy disclaimer.
--Jacob 18:14, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
- About #3, I hope the correction I made (to my statement above) clarifies the point. Maybe that's already the case / transwiki policy now (and I am relatively new to the site)
- About #1, I didn't mean to undermine the importance of having the policies translated, but it's just that I felt these translations could be of priority 2. For eg: in Malayalam wikis, we have left many of the "standard" licensing policies untranslated since the English version hold authority. However, many other wikimedia policies have been translated and have been adapted for malayalam projects.
- --Jacob 18:41, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
- Point taken, and it would be an idea. But not as Malayalam community, for a community whose member can barely understand English or just cannot, translation of policies is more necessary I think.
- By the way what do you mean with "many of the standard licensing policies"? There is only one Foundation policy about licensing, that is, we have now in "Priority 1". What do you have in mind exactly? --04:34, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
- Now I think I got your #3 and I totally agree. It is just we would like all translators to remind. If you think it still unclear, please feel free to add a notification wherever you think appropriate. Thanks. --Aphaia 08:57, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
The Spanish versions of these are not very good, some are 2 years out of date. Considering how much attention the foundation's going to get over Wikimania, this should be fixed!
And the Spanish-language localization of the strings in the foundation skin (the sidebar messages, &c) are not done at all. Can someone make me an admin on that wiki so I can update those pages? -- sj | translate | + 21:01, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
The donate pages in all language versions link to the English version of values while not a single translation exists. Could that page be pushed up on the priority list? Dedalus 22:30, 12 September 2009 (UTC)