Wikia or WikiProject?Edit
There's the Video Games hub in Wikia, and Wikipedia already has WikiProject Games and WikiProject Video games. I don't think that the Wikimedia Foundation would fund or host a separate project for that. --Ricordisamoa 22:41, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
Hey Guys. I'm an admin on the gaming wiki that you all are probably referring to. And if my permission counts; you guys have my permission to make a WikiGames as long as you don't duplicate the content... but you might want to ask Wikia Staff if they're OK with having a similar wiki or whatever you guys were planning to do; if it involves conflicting projects. Hope this helps! - Jaxxes (talk) 21:44, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
- If the content is under CC-BY-SA, then permission from Wikia would not be necessary (although the IB vs. WMF legal drama might show this could still cause problems for forks). PiRSquared17 (talk) 22:21, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
For games made entirely of free code and mediaEdit
- Hi, Palosirkka! Thanks for the link. But that looks like a free game encyclopedia, not a free game development project. --NaBUru38 (talk) 15:05, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
Complete Compendium about gamesEdit
As the titles says, is this for something like that? please elaborate, and also, will this be different from WikiProject Games? since non notable game are not allowed there.--AldNonUcallin?☎ 03:05, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
Can we revive this idea? May I also add that this could be a wiki for (as well as general information) strategy guides, cheat codes, hints, tips and everything else that is disallowed by Wikipedia's NOT policy and WPVG's Article guidelines. I believe that there is a large crowd for this, if enough people get involved. So... anyone else interested in reviving this proposal? George.Edward.C (talk) 18:27, 29 December 2014 (UTC)
- It does seem to fit with Wikimedia's mission statement. Unicodesnowman (talk) 02:17, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
- Notability: Notability would be a lot less strict, but would still have to exist. Individual character articles for specific games would have to cover a character that is vital to the game (not some minor character, minor characters can go on the main article).
- Forums: There could be a forum to discuss events, and wiki-matters. This would most probably utilise Flow.
- Collaboration to develop new games: Binding two possible ideas into one, we could have proposals for games in a seperate namespace, so users can collaborate to develop games.
- Different languages: This project would most likely be available in numerous languages, but most would have to go through the Wikimedia Incubator first.
- Test wiki: I might consider opening a test wiki on Orain or Wikia (Orain would be preferable).
- Reviews: Users can create and share reviews with the community. Reviews could also get featured on the main page, if they are to an exceptional standard.
- New version: A new version of the proposal has been proposed here.