Talk:List of Wikimedia projects by size
Cool! I like. Makes a change from adding up the numbers using pencil and paper. GeorgeStepanek 07:36, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
"Nostalgia (closed) at http://nostalgia.wikipedia.org/wiki/" <-- I am doing some historical research. If there is anyone who understands how to track the history of Wikipedia articles (example) back to their earliest creation, please contact me. --JWSurf 15:26, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
I have made a big problem. Please forgive me. To sysops, please revert this and update it for me. Thank you! 220.127.116.11 02:45, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
It is not the size of the wave...Edit
... but the motion in the ocean of data... with how much this thing is growing, how is it possible to manage these pages effectively? It seems a bit clunky to me with large datasets. Dsgncr8or 02:55, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
'Good' / 'Total'Edit
Can someone explain exactly what these mean? 18.104.22.168 06:56, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
- Totals Good are actual articles with content; total includes redirects. Koavf 21:13, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
Difference in numbers...Edit
So this table tops off at 725. The CheckUsage tool on Commons comes back with "736 wikis searched". Are there 11 projects that are missing from this table? EVula // talk // ☯ // 05:02, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
- Yes. There are Wikimedia Projects that have Statistics Pages with restricted access to Admins, Sysops and Bureaucrats only. RobiH 06:11, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
The table is brokenEdit
Items of type 'wikiversity' in the table are coloured white instead of the colour shown in the key at the top.
- The generated text is emitting "background: white", so I think it needs to be fixed by the generator.
- Thanks for spotting this error.
- John Vandenberg 00:07, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- This is not the only problem. Special pages names should be updated as well. (Imagelist --> FileList, Recentchanges --> RecentChanges) May be also remove the last column to reduce the size of the generated wikitext. --Meno25 10:43, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- Fixed the color and the Special page names. Mutante 19:45, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
The coloured boxes in the "type"-column should have a kind of blind or readable text (specifying the project's name), so that there is also given a sortability according to the projet types. It says, the table is created and maintained automatically, so I didn't add that feature on my own without asking. It would be kind if the bot is adapted accordingly if necessary. Regards, Carbenium 23:24, 27 August 2010 (UTC)
User / Active UserEdit
What's a user and active user? Does user include every single IP?--Prosfilaes 05:43, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
Temporary inconsistencies in countsEdit
Attention, the table takes data from mutante's wikistats which fetches it from the equivalent of Special:Statistics, which is not refreshed regularly and can be wrong. See also mw:Manual:Article count and mw:Manual:updateArticleCount.php.
In particular, current de.wiki count is about 25k articles above reality, as reported by Wikistats and confirmed by database queries. The error is almost certainly lower or negligible on most other wikis, where import is not used indiscriminately.
In "serious" occasions, always use wikistats numbers. --Nemo 21:28, 12 June 2014 (UTC)