Talk:Community health initiative/Archive/2020
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in 2020, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion.|
@PEarley (WMF): Is this initiative still an ongoing thing? There doesn't seem to be any timeline on the page anymore, the goals section has nothing after December 2018, the person who was updating this page left the WMF nearly a year ago, the "28 months" mentioned in the grant proposal would have ended a while ago, and the page says the initiative is being run by the (now-defunct) "Audiences and Community Engagement departments"... If it's no longer ongoing, it would make sense to add a mention of when this initiative happened and what were the primary outcomes, and then mark the page as historical. --Yair rand (talk) 17:28, 12 January 2020 (UTC)
Seen Requests for comment/Site-wide administrator abuse and WP:PILLARS violations on the Croatian Wikipedia, I wish that Jimbo releases the hounds against Holocaust denialists, first at hr.wiki, then at all WMF servers. Tgeorgescu (talk) 18:01, 12 January 2020 (UTC)
Welcoming Talk page
The link from the main page leads to this page (without translation). Can we specify that the writing language is according to the capacities specific to each one with a preference for English ? Cordially. —Eihel (talk) 05:21, 27 January 2020 (UTC)
Propose redirecting talk pages to here
Speak up if you have a reason why talk pages should not be redirected here! I am planning a merge!
The talk pages to merge are at Special:PrefixIndex/Talk:Community_health_initiative/
Reasons to merge them include the following:
- There is not labor and engagement available for people to watch these 30 pages on this similiar topic
- posts are going unanswered
- this is a super popular idea and people want to engage
- the current setup is unorthodox when the wiki way is to have one main page where people engage
- in general, there is no one asserting a plan here, so the normal wiki crowdsource way is a proven system that works
I came here to check for updates on Community health initiative/User reporting system consultation 2019. That conversation is halted and I this would not be so if this general interest discussion were indexed in the usual way.
I was checking in because I saw another LGBT death threat posted openly on the wiki. I wish to discuss our system and planning for addressing these matters. I see no drawback to managing the conversation the usual wiki way. So far as I know, this is the best place for this, because so many projects here would have infrastructure for a response.
Thanks. Any objections to merging these various talk pages? Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:11, 5 March 2020 (UTC)
- @Bluerasberry: please do. Do you know where training course proposals are? Did the Wikipedia Adventure creators' scandals make it fall out of favor as an education tool? Do you know if it's been rebranded somewhere (wikiversity perhaps?) or if a different computer-aided instruction system has taken its place? Can we just use a set of wiki pages for branching scenario choose-your-own-adventure content? Who would know? EllenCT (talk) 22:42, 5 March 2020 (UTC)