- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section. A summary of the conclusions reached follows.
- This conversation precedes the final agreement of the document. Please begin new sections for future conversations. Thank you. --Maggie Dennis (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
I have begun making the Chapter specific modifications based upon our email exchanges, the meeting last week, and requests from Pavel. The changes today reflect the requests of WMDE in Pavel's email of May 30, 2012 and several items raised in the call. I have specifically tried to address the following:
- WMDE's legal structure which includes WMFG as its fundraising body. I have included WMFG as a party to the agreement which will allow either WMDE or WMFG to fulfill the various requirements. Hopefully this approach is acceptable to WMDE. I am open to Pavel's thoughts on how it might be done differently if he does not think this will meet his needs.
- Renewal Terms. All agreements have been modified to include a renewal provision. In addition, pursuant to WMDE's request various obligations are one time obligations at the beginning of the term, such as the provision of the various certificates and attorney letters, rather then being things that must be supplied at each renewal.
- Collaboration on fundraising targets and timelines. To address concerns raised, I have modified the language to make this a collaborative process, however to ensure there is not too much churn or no end to the process if agreement can not be ultimately met, I have included language that WMF fundraising team will have the final say. The objective is that based upon the WMF's overall target for the movement, the fundraising team sets up reasonable targets for the Chapters and then we all work together to reach those targets. Till raises a good point above regarding meeting the target too quickly. We hope we have these types of issues, and if they arise, the Chapter and the fundraising team can determine what makes sense given the overall success of the fundraiser globally. I hope this reflects the spirit of how we will be able to work together.
- Localization. I have removed references in the agreement to other chapters and their obligations to make this WMDE specific.
- Other Stuff. This agreement reflects my changes to the Master Agree over the past few days, so you should also read the talk page there for details on those modifications.
Thank you! Kkay (talk) 11:47, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.