SugarCRM is customer relationship management (CRM) system, in use by the Wikimedia Foundation. WMF is using the open-source version which used to be available: Community Edition 6.5 is currently in maintenance mode and will not be followed by a version 7. The following past uses of SugarCRM are known.
- In June 2006 it was tested for something.
- In August 2011, it was reported to be considered as an option for some uses: "We have implemented and field tested case management systems such as SugarCRM".
- In May 2012, it "was being customized for the use of India Programs".
- The Legal and Community Advocacy Team uses SugarCRM "as a case management tool for our team and Legal (as well as others)".
- Ops documentation is not aware of the service, software or server.
Other facts about SugarCRM pertinent to Wikimedia projects are known.
- In May 2014, Lila Tretikov is announced as the new executive director of the Wikimedia Foundation. She was previously chief product officer at SugarCRM.
- Blog post comment by Philippe, September 2014
- DMCA Takedowns, Inappropriate Images and More: How the LCA Team Uses Technology to Scale, James Alexander, Wikimania 2014
- Alex Nassi, Where is SugarCRM's source code version control system/CVS?, May 2014.
- Clint Oram, SugarCRM in the Next 10 Years, January 2014.
- June 22: 23:50ish brion: setting up sugarcrm on office.wm.o.
- Wikimedia Foundation Report, August 2011
- Wikimedia Foundation Report, May 2012
- Ongoing work areas of the Wikimedia Foundation, April 2014
- wikitech:Special:Search/sugarcrm. An undocumented Wikimedia Labs project exists, wikitech:Nova Resource:Sugarcrm.
- Wikipedia Has a New Boss: Lila Tretikov Named Executive Director of Wikimedia Foundation, 1 May 2014.