|The 2009 steward elections are finished. No further votes will be accepted.|
- Languages: sr (hr, bs, sh), en-3, ru-2, cu-2, mk-2, sl-2, bg-2, be-1, uk-1, ry-1
- Personal info: Last couple of months I reduced my activities as a steward because of my other Wikimedian duties (NomCom, ChapCom, LangCom as well as some other organizational issues). However, whenever I am able, I am online at #wikimedia-stewards channel and ready to handle requests. Usually, I am trying to cover tasks which are not so regularly covered, like keeping night shifts (early morning in Europe and night in Americas) is. I am giving my mandate to the community: if there are at least 30 votes in favor of removing my steward rights and 50%+1 majority, I will resign.
- Línguas: sr (hr, bs, sh), en-3, ru-2, cu-2, mk-2, sl-2, bg-2, be-1, uk-1, ry-1
- Informações pessoais: Nos últimos meses eu reduzi minhas actividades como steward por causa de minhas outras participações na Wikimedia (NomCom, ChapCom, LangCom, assim como algumas outras questões organizacionais). No entanto, sempre que posso, estou on-line no #wikimedia-stewards e pronto para responder as questões. Normalmente, procuro fazer as tarefas que não são tão regularmente abrangidas, como vigiar a wiki à noite (começo da manhã na Europa e a noite nas Américas). Estou entregando meu mandato à comunidade: Se eu tiver mais de 30 votos a favor da retirada mas minhas ferramentas de steward ou 50%+1 dos votos neste sentido, eu resignarei.
- Языки: sr (hr, bs, sh), en-3, ru-2, cu-2, mk-2, sl-2, bg-2, be-1, uk-1, ry-1
- Личная информация: В последние несколько месяцев я чуть сократил свою активность в качестве стюарда, так как занят некоторыми другими викимедийными обязанностями (NomCom, ChapCom, LangCom и ряд других организационных вопросов). Однако, когда у меня есть возможность, я онлайн на канале #wikimedia-stewards и готов реагировать на запросы. Обычно я стараюсь заниматься теми задачами, выполнение которых не очень хорошо налажено, такими, как дежурство в ночные смены (раннее утро в Европе и ночь в Америках). Я обязуюсь перед сообществом, что если будет хотя бы 30 голосов за то, чтобы снять с меня флаг стюарда, и это будет составлять 50%+1 голос, я сдам флаг.
- Activity is lacking, but assistance in other Wikimedia areas makes up for it. Majorly talk 00:40, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- I am pretty much satisfied with my interaction with this steward.--Yaroslav Blanter 01:17, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Highly dissatisfied with millosh's conduct here. Stewards should defiantly not have the attitude of dismissing the opinions of an entire wiki. It isn't so much related to steward duties or tasks, but a general attitude I don't want to see again in any steward. Prodego talk 03:37, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- That was a little odd, I agree. ++Lar: t/c 04:21, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Despite Prodego's valid concern, on balance I have a great deal of respect for Millosh. He's worked hard (often behind the scenes where only other stewards would see) in some very sticky situations this year that required grace and finesse. I think the work done on fa:wp () was remarkable. That was a bad situation that would not have been resolved without Millosh's proactive work. ++Lar: t/c 04:21, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe not very active on the tech side, but great mediator, the "issues solver" :) Sure, confirm!--Nick1915 - all you want 13:24, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Keep, good steward -- Mercy (☎|✍) 16:42, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with Prodego - that was a totally ludicrous thing to say, and I'm sure a great many users lost respect for Millosh as a result. However, he was not alone in doing ludicrous things in that situation, and I do take that into consideration. On balance, I still believe that his contributions as a steward are beneficial for the community. Generally, his work is good, and he is active. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 17:08, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Keep --Fabexplosive The archive man 10:19, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- cf. Nick. Regards, —DerHexer (Talk) 12:33, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support --oscar 22:53, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
- useful fellow. DarkoNeko 00:10, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support.--Jusjih 03:09, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Miloš is devoted Wikimedian. He did lot for Wikimedia Serbia and Wikimedia projects in Serbian. If he did something wrong, I'm sure that he had the best intentions.--BokicaK 05:56, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
- Keep--Laslovarga 13:47, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Woudloper 11:29, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- support Thanks for the job you're doing. Finn Rindahl 12:49, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- Mantem, good job as steward. Alex Pereira falaê 16:09, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support --Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 19:34, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support benefits outweigh costs - Also, a nice guy. :) Kylu 20:55, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 04:28, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support --Elijah/אליהו (Eliyahu)/إلياس (Ilyas) (Me!) 16:28, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- Keep--Shizhao 14:02, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
Remove. There are some issues which each of them is enough to disqualify Millosh for the steward access:
1- Millosh has very lax views on user privacy and the safety of Wikipedia users, and this is not acceptable for someone with check-user access. He essentially says "Wikipedia is not a place where people should be foolish and endanger their lives. It is about writing educational materials. Those who are living in Iran shouldn't break Iranian laws.". This is like expecting users of Google or Yahoo to always obey the laws of the country of origin or residentship in writing private emails and searching internet and so on and saying that it's the duty of users to avoid foolishness, not the duty of Google or Yahoo to ensure their privacy.
2- Millosh has been very active in persuading Serbo-Croatian Wikipedians (who are not familiar with user:Mardetanha at all) to vote for him (see this). Many Serbo-croatian users who have voted don't have any contact with any of projects related to Mardetanha and many of them have voted only for Mardetanha or Mardetanha and SpeedyGonzales (who is from Croatian Wikipedia). It seems that Millosh justifies this worst kind of canvassing (i.e. asking your friends to vote for someone that they don't know) as a "poltical solution" to the problem of '"malicious persons" being able to "obstruct processes".
3- In his comment in response to User:Pastorals2007, Millosh refers to the concerns about Mardetanha's sysop performance in Persian Wikipedia and the possiblity of the future abuse of check-user right and Mardetanha's intention as "obstructing the election process" by "malicious persons". Those persons (who have voiced these concerns) include user:Taranet and user:Raamin who are both sysop in Persian Wikipedia and User:Mostafazizi (who is the main contributor of most of the featured articles of Persian Wikipedia) and user:Huji (a sysop in MetaWiki who is active in Persian Wikipedia and was a sysop there, but resigned volunteerly) and many others. This kind of comment (in refering to those concerns) is just utter arrogance, and is not acceptable for someone with steward access.Alefbe 04:58, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- To be more precise, I don't think that Huji and Raamin are malicious persons. I think that you are a malicious person. --Millosh 07:09, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- keep --FiliP × 17:43, 21 February 2009 (UTC)