|For organizing the work of the 2018 steward elections.|
The steward elections are coordinated on #wikimedia-stewards-electionsconnect, users interested in helping out should consider joining the channel to better coordinate and receive the feed or relevant recent changes.
- Contact Pathoschild to get his eligibility tool set-up for the new election
- Contact Alchimista to get his bot for marking eligible voters set up
- Get all of the relevant pages added to the IRC watchbot
- Organize CentralNotice display
- Agree on a wording for the candidate banner
- Agree on a wording for the vote banner
- Notify translators
- Create campaigns
- Create calendar entries
- Create campaigns requests
- According to Category:Closed requests for CentralNotice campaigns, there they have never been requested before but created by ourselves. —DerHexer (Talk) 20:03, 4 December 2017 (UTC)
- Update the election counter
- Make an edit notice for Template:Stewards/Elections 2018/Voters/Check to explain how the checking works: two years ago checks copied over stuff from the vote pages, moved users manually between the sections, etc.
- ok: MediaWiki:Editnotice-10-Stewards-Elections 2018-Voters-Check. Stryn (talk) 21:04, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
- Get all CentralNotice translations from last year back Stewards/Elections 2017/Translation/CentralNotice / Stewards/Elections 2017/Translation/CentralNotice / etc.
- Import old translations. Last year we switched to a new system, to avoid having to create all the pages again every year with the same content and then copying all translations, standing helplessly before messages where dates were translated etc. etc.
See candidate statements page for the full list of candidates.
See confirmation statements page for the full list of candidates.