This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete.
If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page
or start a discussion on the community forum
The Wikimedia Foundation does not directly participate, unless in exceptional circumstances, in grant applications and research consortia as a partner institution. However, the foundation can support individual research projects of particular strategic importance by providing a formal endorsement.
How to submit a request of endorsement to WMF
Requests for formal endorsement can be submitted to the Foundation by creating a project page on this wiki.
Please include the following information with your request:
- the specific kind of endorsement you need
- the motivation for your request and the potential benefits of your project to the Wikimedia community
- a short description of your research project (including external links if applicable)
- the name, affiliation and contact details of the main applicant
- the expected duration of the project
- the funding body, if applicable
Once the page is created, please send the link to Dario Taraborelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) so your request can be reviewed by the RCom. Requests submitted to the RCom usually take 1-2 weeks to be reviewed.
Projects formally endorsed by the Wikimedia Foundation are expected to meet the following requirements:
||Open licensed output
||Open licensed data
||Open source code