Research:Wikimedia Foundation endorsement
This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.
This page describes how to get support for research projects from the Wikimedia Foundation.
For other kinds of support, please refer to the Research FAQ
The Wikimedia Foundation does not directly participate, unless in exceptional circumstances, in grant applications and research consortia as a partner institution. However, the foundation can support individual research projects of particular strategic importance by providing a formal endorsement.
|WMF support code:|
How to submit a request of endorsement to WMFEdit
Requests for formal endorsement can be submitted to the Foundation by creating a project page on this wiki.
Please include the following information with your request:
- the specific kind of endorsement you need
- the motivation for your request and the potential benefits of your project to the Wikimedia community
- a short description of your research project (including external links if applicable)
- the name, affiliation and contact details of the main applicant
- the expected duration of the project
- the funding body, if applicable
Once the page is created, please send the link to Dario Taraborelli (email@example.com) so your request can be reviewed by the RCom. Requests submitted to the RCom usually take 1-2 weeks to be reviewed.
Projects formally endorsed by the Wikimedia Foundation are expected to meet the following requirements:
|OA (Gold)||OA (Green)||Open licensed output||Open licensed data||Open source code||Reuse rights||Documentation|