Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Bikol
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Bikol|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bcl (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Central Bikol||Language name in English|
|Language name||Bikol||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33284 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Filipinayzd (NP) Dang Brazal (NP) Kunokuno (NP)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||Bansa.org Bikol dictionary, Diksionariong Bikol by Mintz, OragonRepublic.com Bikol Dictionary||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Let me take the time to formalize Filipinayzd's request for a Bikol Wiktionary, seeing that the project already exists on Incubator.
But anyway, Bikol (specifically Bikol Naga, Bikol Central or Standard Bikol) is the predominant language of the Bicol Region (Region V) in the Philippines. With 2.5 million speakers, it is the sixth-largest language in the Philippines. With the approval and (now) creation of the Bikol Wikipedia, and with a vibrant community to boot, I think that the Bikol Wiktionary is very much feasible.
Arguments in favourEdit
- Support. All we need then are native speakers, and we have Bicolono Wikipedians currently active. Starczamora 14:45, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
- Weak support It would be good to have a dictionary in this language. But dew to the current activity of the Bikol Wikipedia, I wouldn't be much hoping that this will be even active. The Tagalog Wikipedia is the most active but it's wiktionary only has a handful of edits a week (most of which are vandalism). Cebuano Wiktionary should go first. -- Felipe Aira 02:53, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support. There is an ample number of editors who are native speakers willing to commit on this project. Dang Brazal (Talk) 04:45, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
- SupportThere are active number of editors in the last couple of months.Kunokuno (talk) 03:23, 4 January 2020 (UTC)
- Currently 60.91% of the MediaWiki messages and 5.99% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 12:44, 13 November 2008 (UTC)