Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Bhojpuri
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Bhojpuri|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bho (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Bhojpuri||Language name in English|
|Language name||भोजपुरी||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33268 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||, ||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||विक्शनरी||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||विक्शनरी||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||विक्शनरी बातचीत||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||IST (UTC+5:30)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Bhojpuri is spoken by 33 million people in India  in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand. It is also spoken in areas of Nepal. Migrant Indian communities have tranported the language to Maurtius and Trinidad. It has also greatly influenced newly koined languages of Fiji Hindi and Sarnami.
Arguments in favourEdit
- I am a native of this language and I support this proposal becouse Bhojpuri is a local language but it have an international ranking. Bhojpuri is officially recognized in Nepal.
- Bhaal! A Wiktonary in Bhojpuri language should be created as it does not exist right now. --188.8.131.52 06:27, 15 August 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, Excellent suggestion. It has its unique and very rich vocabulary and sounds. The Idioms and other connections of Bhojpuri are worth a Wiktionay.
- Note that this Wiktionary was existing under https://bh.wiktionary.org/ which was closed years ago, but as phab:T41968 said, we should better migrate our usages of bh to bho, do we agree creating a separate bho.wiktionary.org instead of re-opening bh.wiktionary.org? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 11:22, 4 April 2019 (UTC)