Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Southern Balochi
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikivoyage Southern Balochi|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bcc (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Southern Balochi||Language name in English|
|Language name||بلوچی||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q12634001 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||RTL||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||ویکیسپر||"Wikivoyage" in your language|
|Project namespace||ویکیسپر||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||ویکیسپرـگپ||"Wikivoyage talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikivoyage-Logo-v3-fa.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||UTC||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||عبارتنامه: (Balochibook:) عبارتنامه ـگپ: (Balochibook_talk:)||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Wy/bcc/بُنیادی دیم||Anything else that should be set|
If there are some active members of this wiki and willing to contribute, kindly complete the required templates and other articles and then we can discuss further. ThanksJogiAsad (talk) 00:32, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- @StevenJ81: looks like you're currently handling the Balochi series requests? But why didn't you mention this? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:47, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Strong oppose Southern Balochi wikis is so small.--尼普瑞斯 02:12, 27 July 2020 (UTC)
- Strong oppose Wikivoyage is only really for large languages that can stand coverage from all over the world. Otherwise it serves few travellers, and a google page translate does a decent job at that. SHB2000 (talk | contibs) 12:15, 14 August 2021 (UTC)