Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Yoruba
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Yoruba|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||yo (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Yoruba||Language name in English|
|Language name||Yorùbá||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q34311 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Wikiversity||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Nigeria/Africa||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
There is no Wikiversity for Yoruba but it is for the other language in order to balance all and some let create Wikiversity Yoruba to satisfy the Yoruba. They will access in their own language and they will also edit in their own language.It's creation will satisfy the people of Yoruba.Tbiw (talk) 06:29, 21 July 2020 (UTC)
Oppose for now, @Tbiw: please first start the test project, then I would review to decide if I can switch to support or not. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 03:04, 12 August 2020 (UTC)Switched to minor Support based on Catanalysis. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 05:37, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
- I have started the test project.Go to talk page to discuss on how we can improve it.Tbiw (talk) 11:13, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
- Do you speak Yoruba Tbiw? I couldn't find any details about your history with this (I'd like to know what the community would be). Best Wishes, Lee Vilenski (talk • contribs) 18:46, 26 August 2020 (UTC)
- Yes i do. The project is all about creating a space for Yoruba speaker to also have a chance to edit Wikiversity in Yoruba. Those who have access to internet will also be happy to read and edit Wikiversity in Yoruba. view,Tbiw (talk) 21:16, 26 August 2020 (UTC)
- Do you have other editors who have indicated an interest to join this project? If so, who? Language variants unfortunately have not been successful with a "if you build it, they will come" approach, and I'd hate to see it fall early on. However, if there's even a handful of willing souls, then absolutely this should go ahead. Nosebagbear (talk) 10:08, 29 August 2020 (UTC)
- +1 on this - you have a small community of willing editors to get it off the ground - it's fine and could grow. Creating for a single user usually has poor results. Best Wishes, Lee Vilenski (talk • contribs) 10:32, 29 August 2020 (UTC)
- I have hope in this project and it think it will be successful. Yoruba are very supportive in anything and it think they should support Wikiversity Yoruba Project. Support it all Omo Oduduwa i.e Yoruba.Tbiw (talk) 11:03, 29 August 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Looking forward to be approved, Yoroba people are actively participating in Wikimedia Movement at large.AnasskokoTalk 18:31, 1 December 2021 (UTC)