Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Tagalog
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiquote Tagalog|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||tl (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Tagalog Language||Language name in English|
|Language name||Tagalog||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q34057 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Wikikawikaan||"Wikiquote" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikikawikaan||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Wikikawikaan:Usapan||"Wikiquote talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikikawikaan-logo.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Manila||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Tagalog is the largest language in the Philippines (24 million native speakers), and as Filipino, is the national language of the Philippines. There is an increasing need to have a compendium of Tagalog quotable quotations to promote and preserve this language. With the advent of mother tongue-based education curriculum in the Philippines, localized resources are very important. This is a good start in helping the education sector and the Filipino community by providing a open access resources collaboratively developed by its own community.--MaroBos (talk) 11:32, 26 April 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support Tagalog has an expansive resource of quotations not only from politicians, athletes, cultural workers, but because of massive collection of literatures (poems, essays, creative non fiction, short stories, novels, etc.) This past 10 years, different writing organizations from the Central have been booming and anthology of works and journals were produced. This Wikiproject will be a venue of quotations that were picked by volunteer editors and will be reviewed by much experienced editors. Kunokuno (talk) 14:01, 26 April 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support As aformentioned above. — 🍕 Yivan000 viewtalk 03:07, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
- Support. Exec8 (talk) 23:12, 4 May 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support Tagalog has lot of literature resources where valuable quotes can be gathered. I support this Wiki project. Elvilubi (talk) 13:37, 16 May 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I am willing to devote my time to help this wikiproject. I see a lot of potential here. Give this a year at least and this will be developed into a full Wikiquote site.Sherlock808 (talk) 14:33, 21 May 2021 (UTC)