Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Sinhala
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiquote Sinhala|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||si (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Sinhala||Language name in English|
|Language name||සිංහල||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q13267 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||විකිකියමන්||"Wikiquote" in your language|
|Project namespace||විකිකියමන්||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||විකිකියමන් සාකච්ඡාව||"Wikiquote talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikiquote-logo-si.png||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||SLT (UTC+5:30)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- The Sinhala community lacks the technical knowledge to contribute to a project in this nature. It seems we are in some kind of a deadlock here. --Lee (talk) 13:38, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose, per above, and per the same reasoning of my oppose for Wikinews Sinhala. Perhaps in the medium-to-long term future, once a community is properly established, and in my personal preference; once we can see Sinhala Wikipedia with enough active volunteers that it can cope against spam, copyvio, and other junk, in a timely manner. Siwiki currently has thousands of bad content still pending deletion, some of which dates back over a decade, unfortunately. Rehman 12:06, 19 April 2020 (UTC)