Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Ido 2
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiquote Ido 2|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||io (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Ido||Language name in English|
|Language name||Ido||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q35224 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Wikicitaji||"Wikiquote" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiquote talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- People interested: Chabi1, probably a large number of users from the Wikipedia and anyone from the few hundred Ido users at Yahoo Groups. Especially the older users that like to write things that they know won't be edited by someone with a lesser command of the language (a common complaint with Wikipedia). The community in Wikimedia is hardworking and they coordinate their effort between the two already existing projects.
This shouldn't be that hard a request - Ido has a Wikipedia with over 24,000 articles, a Wiktionary with 228,000 words+, and there is already a large volume of proverbs and citations on here and there that I believe should be compiled in one place. For examples of proverbs and citations already present see  (everything that says E-CITAJI is a list of citations), , , , ,  (has a new proverb every day on top of the news), and whatever else I've overlooked.
- Support --Chabi1 (talk) 05:55, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
- Support - Fafnir (talk) 18:08, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
- Support - Artomo 29 June 2013
- Support - it would be so useful to have it in this language Kosmopolitisto (talk) 18:35, 26 January 2017 (UTC)
- Support - Samidare Renka -talk- 00:08, 12 December 2018 (UTC)