Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Romanesco
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Romanesco|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||(SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Romanesco dialect||Language name in English|
|Language name||Romanesco||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q1231625 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Uichipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Roma (Italy)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Romanesco dialect has a long story: some important poets, like Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli, Trilussa and Cesare Pascarella used it for their poetry and it's really expressive. I think that to start a new Wikipedia in Romanesco dialect would be a great tribute to a great city and culture.
In Romanesco dialect: Er dialetto romanesco c'ha 'na storia lunga: arcuni 'mportanti poeti, come Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli, Trilussa e Cesare Pascarella, l'hanno usato pe' e poesie loro ed è davero morto espressivo. Penzo che inizziare 'na uichipedia ner dialetto romanesco sia 'n grosso tribbuto pe' na grossa città e curtura. --Matteo Crinò (talk) 01:32, 7 February 2016 (UTC)
- Strong oppose I think that this project will never be well developed and will have in the long term very few articles and editors; Romanesco hasn't, also, an ISO language code. --Gce (talk) 21:58, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
- I have always been sympathetic to regional languages and Wikipedias in them. Also, I understand the reasoning behind this proposal: if there are Wikipedias in Venetian, Emilian-Romagnol, and Neapolitan, why not one in Roman. Because Rome is a big city and its citizens are quite chauvinistic, it probably wouldn't be as unsuccessful as Gce thinks it would. However, I've also always been careful to draw a line. Not any vernacular can qualify for its own Wikipedia. The Romanesco dialect is just too close to standard Italian to grant it its own project. Therefore I weakly oppose this. Steinbach (formerly Caesarion) 08:04, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose No ISO code. --22.214.171.124 08:36, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose Per above, no code no project. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 06:37, 16 June 2020 (UTC)