Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Nogai
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Nogai|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||nog (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Nogai||Language name in English|
|Language name||Ногай тили||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33871 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Kartakaev (N) (P), Winni (N) (P), NogaiBatyr (N) (P), Umar_ngy|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Moscow||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Arguments in favourEdit
- Strong support, Live Noghay Umar_ngy
- Strong support --Kaiyr 17:52, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Vugar 1981 07:35, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
- Strong support --U.Steele 20:04, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Jugydmort 13:57, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Lehinə --N KOziTalk 14:04, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support, living language with a lot of native speakers.--Tamara Ustinova 19:30, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
- Support. Living language with 90,000 speakers. A project that has chance to develop, since that does not have problems with illiteracy as the countries of the Third World. Kubura 04:10, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Andrijko Z. (talk) 06:14, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support. Taamu (talk) 18:09, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support I'm surprised, there isn't one already. --Kafkasmurat (talk) 12:16, 2 November 2014 (UTC)
- Support -- I strongly support this language.
- Support Kurdbuddha (talk) 12:04, 22 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support I would gladly contribute to my this Wikipedia in my native language NogaiBatyr (talk) 01:28, 29 January 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose, the incubator is almost empty, there aren't a lot of native speakers, so the Wiki will not be full of useful information. Sorry. --LexArt 08:41, 22 April 2011 (UTC)