Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Ladin
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Ladin|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||lld (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Ladin||Language name in English|
|Language name||Ladin||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q36202 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Skafa (P) Litah (N) Gabriele (P) Alexander (N) Damian (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikipedia||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Wikipedia descuscions||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Rome||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||I think that like for the Chinese Wikipedia, where there is a drop-down to choose pages written in Taiwanese Chinese, Hong Kong Chinese, simplified etc, here there should be a drop-down where one can choose between texts in the Ladin of Gherdëina, badiot and perhaps fascian etc.
This is because there is no unified Ladin language, but there are a number of different variations of it. || Anything else that should be set
- Number of speakers: around 60,000
- Locations spoken: in the region of the en:Dolomites (en:South Tyrol, en:Trentino and en:Belluno provinces), in South Tyrol is partially official and official in the Ladin-speaking municipalities of en:South Tyrol and the en:Trentino province
- Related languages: Romansh, Friulan, Romance languages
- Promoting organizations:  and  - newspapers, magazines, book, tv and radio programmes, web sites
- Support --Taichi - (あ！) 08:10, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
- Support --ILVI 15:55, 18 December 2005 (UTC)
- Ciao Skafa! Do you know any native speakers who are interested in writing a Wikipedia in Ladin? In late summer, I wrote more than twenty mails to organizations like the ones you're mentioning above and got only one or two replies. That's why I did not post a request for a Wikipedia in Ladin back then, because I think it's useless if nobody wants to write any articles... Arbeo 16:22, 18 December 2005 (UTC)
- Needless to say that I'm generally supporting the idea. I really like Südtirol and I'd love to see an active Wikipedia in that beautiful ancient mountain language. After all, that's why I created the test wiki back then. Arbeo 19:12, 4 January 2006 (UTC)
- Strong support Creation of this wikipedia is a must, of course. However, I am not a native speaker, nor am I fluent in this language. Nevertheless I do appreciate Ladin test-wikipedia, and I plan extracting some papers (say, at least...one paper) about this tongue for Lombard wikipedia. Also, since I am fluent in Lombard, I could be a writer for lld, after studying a little bit. You could also consider the issue of translating from Friulan and Rumantsch Grischun. This wikipedia is already 'virtually' alive in Lombard wikipedia's home page! Clamengh 19:22, 21 December 2005 (UTC)
- Support, but enough native or advanced speakers must be found. Hégésippe | ±Θ± 18:57, 22 December 2005 (UTC)
- Support - Belgian man (nl na en) 15:18, 29 December 2005 (UTC)
- Support Gdarin | talk 12:57, 5 January 2006 (UTC)
- Support - A "real language" ;-) Raetius 11:28, 10 January 2006 (UTC)
- Support Dinsdagskind 12:21, 22 January 2006 (UTC)
- Support --Melancholie 04:17, 11 February 2006 (UTC)
- Support IJzeren Jan 19:54, 15 February 2006 (UTC). Although, I'm sad that the Rhaeto-Romance Wikipedia is still so small. I certainly hope that one, and this one, will grow in the future.
- Support--Sabine 13:55, 18 February 2006 (UTC)Sabine
- Support--Dragonòt 13:55, 18 February 2006 (UTC)Dragonòt
- Support--bertodsera 11:33, 21 March 2006 (UTC)bertodsera
- Support--alberto.l Tue Mar 21 18:51:45 CET 2006
- Support---Mario (Insu"ber) Tue Mar 21 23.55 2006
- Hello, I have sent again some e-mails. Let's hope! Clamengh 17:13, 07 June 2006 (UTC+2)
- (N) Hi, I am Badiot native. I support this project (referred me by user:Clamengh). Nevertheless, I have been living in Switzerland (Genève and Ticino) for 40 years, so I am afraid this support be merely formal. But I could re-improve my Ladin tongue. Sincerely yours, --Badiot 09:09, 17 August 2006 (UTC)
- (N) Comme ci-dessus. Mais: Toulouse, France, et non Suisse. Désolé pour ne pas parler Anglais, --Aigle 10:19, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
- (N) Hi, I am Gardenese Ladin native speaker and I support the project. I wrote some stubs in gardenese variant of Ladin and I wanted to know if someone is still working on this project - Chichemei"
- Strong support--Aldedogn 22:06, 17 April 2011 (UTC) Sysop Lmo - Urgugliùs de ès Lumbàrt e de parlà Lumbàrt
- Support Orbwiki107 19:42, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
- Strong support--Holapaco77 (talk) 19:10, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
- Comment This request is opened 12 years, what's the reason that langcom is still having no decisions? Would this request be verified (or even approved)? rejected? or on hold? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:13, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
- Strong support Un gruppo di madrelingua ladini ha promesso di dare i propri contibuti--Mizardellorsa (talk) 14:11, 7 September 2017 (UTC)
- Strong support: Of course, Ladin is a language. From Trentino convinced approval. --Foghe (talk) 12:37, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support – Meiræ 23:04, 21 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support – Asenoner 13:40, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
- Comment My name is Alexander Senoner and I am a native speaker of Ladin. I am willing to support this project by starting to write 1-2 articles a day and so slowly building up the Ladin Wikipedia. My close friend Damian (N) will help with this project. Is there any way this project can be activated in the next few days? --Asenoner (talk) 13:45, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
- Support --夢蝶葬花@生涯不敗 14:38, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support - --GatoSelvadego (talk) 11:01, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support --S4b1nuz E.656 (talk) 15:05, 14 May 2020 (UTC)
- Support. Well enough activity for one year and a little community contributing. Цареник Костович (talk) 15:37, 3 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support -- David Wadie Fisher-Freberg (talk) 00:00, 8 June 2020 (UTC)
- Comment Note that this request will soon be approved: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/langcom/2020-June/002592.html --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 09:19, 13 June 2020 (UTC)