Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Kupang Malay 2
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Kupang Malay 2|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||mkn (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Kupang Malay||Language name in English|
|Language name||Basa Kupang||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q18458203 - item has currently the following values:||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||previous request||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikipediya||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||[[:]]||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Kupang||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
The Kupang Malay language is the language of the Timor Island, Flores Island, Sumba Island, Alor Island, Sabu Island, Rote Island and in the Central of Maluku. Now the language is 500,000 spokers around the West Timor, Flores Island, Sumba Island, Alor Island, Sabu Island, Rote Island and in the Central of Maluku and in the East Timor country. This language is used when Written a SMS in Social Media, public information, in school, work and many of them. Its making the Wikipedia language of this language is the good idea. Because in the South of East Nusa Tenggara is the Australia and in East of East Nusa Tenggara is the East Timor. And their education program quality is so low, because the language its so different with Malay. And East Nusa Tenggara is the place of Komodo Island.
- Support it is a good idea to wikipedia translate in Kupang Malay language
- Comment@Semuel Tahun: By checking the rejected first request, their reject reason is "Only one page (a main page) was ever created, and at that it was not complete." Has this problem been resolved now? Because non of the test projects can be eligible and approved with only a main page. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 23:38, 19 July 2020 (UTC)
- Answer I think you wrong — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Semuel Tahun (talk) 13:07, 2 August 2020 (UTC)