Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Chukchi
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Chukchi|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ckt (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Chukchi||Language name in English|
|Language name||Ԓыгъоравэтԓьэн йиԓыйиԓ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33170 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||4etyre (N), Уттыԓьын (N), Anonymous (P), Tamara Ustinova (P), U.Steele (P), Crochet.david (P), Sura (P)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
A sizeable living language (with about 7 thousand speakers), but with risk of disappearing.
Arguments in favourEdit
- Support'Strong support' It has official language in subject of Russia. One of the oldest language in Eurasia.Kaiyr 17:24, 16 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support'Strong support' It is on the UNESCO red list of languages (it is disappearing), I think creating a Chukchi wikipedia would help this language to persist. Agantacroxi
- Support --Jugydmort 11:27, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
- Strongly Support as active contributor of this project.--Tamara Ustinova 21:22, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
- Support per arguments above.--U.Steele 21:36, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
- support i see an editing community so i support it.Luciferwildcat (talk) 03:47, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support it's yet small but has all chances to work: there is community, contributors of native speakers can be attracted. Ignatus (talk) 19:22, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Support'Strong support' as a possible contributor per arguments above.--Elvonudinium (talk) 17:37, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
- Support Always wanted to learn Chukchee -EggSalt (talk) 16:42, 23 April 2016 (UTC)