Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Chhattisgarhi
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Chhattisgarhi|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||hne (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Chhattisgarhi||Language name in English|
|Language name||छत्तीसगढ़ी||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33158 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||विकीपीडिया||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||विकीपीडिया||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||विकीपीडिया गोठबात||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia-chhhattisgarhi-logo.png||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||IST (UTC+05:30)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Chhattisgarhi (Devanagari:छत्तीसगढ़ी) is the official language of the Indian state of Chhattisgarh and has approximately 12 million speakers. It is mainly an language of Indoeuropian branch with heavy presence of vocabulary and linguistic features from Dravidian languages. Chhattisgarhi has been known by name Sadri to Sambalpuri and Oriya speakers.
The speakers are concentrated in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh and in adjacent areas of Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, and Jharkhand.
It is declared as Official Language (Devnagari:राजभाषा) of State of Chhattisgarh.
- There are more than 11 million peaple who speak Chhattisgarhi natively, out of 20 million peaple in chhattisgarh state of Union of India.
- Around 18 million people who are domicile of State of Chhattisgarh, in Union of India can understand Chhattisgarhi.
- Chhattisgarhi has its own motion picture audience, and around 6 to 20 movies are released every year for them.
- It also have a number of newspaper and magazine in circulation.
- Most of native speaker of Chhattisgarhi do not have access to other Wikipedia (e.g. English/Hindi) as they lack proper understanding of those language.