Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Chakma
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Chakma|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ccp (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||chakma||Language name in English|
|Language name||𑄌𑄋𑄴𑄟𑄳𑄦||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q32952 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||𑄃𑄪𑄃𑄨𑄇𑄨𑄛𑄨𑄔𑄨𑄠||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||India/Kolkata||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Hello, I would like to add Chakma Language in Wiktionary to translate our Chakma Language. Our Chakma Language are not in the language list in your wiki. Chakma locale is already included in recent Unicode CLDR release- V31 . Now our Chakma language are in developing stage. So please provide us exposure from your kind end to develop our language. 11:36, 8 August 2017 (UTC)Sarojchakma (talk)
- Are you asking for a Wiktionary or a Wikipedia? Your comment mentions Wiktionary (a dictionary), but this request is for a Wikipedia (an encyclopedia). Wikipedia is more usual, but a Wiktionary is not a bad first Wiki, in my opinion.--Prosfilaes (talk) 07:33, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
- Wikipedia its not an issue. Description of Chakma Language are already there. You can see reference, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakma_language, I want to add Chakma Language in Wiktionary. So that our Chakma language will developed in next level, hence our Chakma Language are in developing stage. We need platform to develop our Language. Hope Wiki will help for it. Sarojchakma (talk)
- @Liuxinyu970226: Yes I am accepting to split Wikipedia and Wiktionary. As my knowledge I think that 2(two) are different thing. Wiktionary is for developing dictionary for a specific language. So I want to add data in Wiktionary. Sarojchakma (talk) 15:41, 18 August 2017 (UTC)