Requests for new languages/Wikinews Zazaki
Please note that this proposal is lacking essential information in the template below. If you know what belongs there, feel free to put it in!
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikinews Zazaki|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||diq (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Zazaki||Language name in English|
|Language name||Zazaki||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q10199 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikixeber||"Wikinews" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikixeber||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Wikixeber_talk||"Wikinews talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||+3||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||Peraseri||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
Replace this text with your opening argument in favour of the new project. You can also refer to external documentation or websites.
- Support I support this project. --Kurdbuddha 16:38, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support Not a bad idea. --Comp1089 (talk) 07:38, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
- Support I wholeheartedly support this project. - Mirzali
- Support, I supporting this project --Tarakayska (talk) 20:06, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Ταπυροι (گپ) 07:52, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support Bodhdharma (talk) 06:44, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support, I wholeheartedly support this project. - Vuzorg (talk) 21:22, 20 January 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose, Wikinews is already dysfunctional. Why needing more of dead-end Wikinews languages? --George Ho (talk) 05:02, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose, I don't think this is going to have enough consistently active users to function practically as a Wikinews. Rubbish computer (Talk: Contribs) 15:43, 21 October 2019 (UTC)