Requests for new languages/Wikibooks Zazaki
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikibooks Zazaki|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||diq (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Zazaki||Language name in English|
|Language name||Zazaki||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q10199 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||"Wikibooks" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikibooks talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Ankara||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Replace this text with your opening argument in favour of the new project. You can also refer to external documentation or websites.
- Support I support this project. --Kurdbuddha 16:38, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support, I wholeheartedly support this project. - Mirzali
- Support, ISupporting this project --Tarakayska (talk) 20:04, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Ταπυροι (گپ) 07:52, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support Bodhdharma (talk) 06:48, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support. Per the Zazaki Wikipedia. Professorjohnas (talk) 07:27, 26 May 2014 (UTC)
- Support, I support this project. - Vuzorg (talk) 21:21, 20 January 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose I'm an admin of Persian Wikibooks. Besides I have participate discussions in English Wikibooks. There are some disorders in choosing which content is suitable for the project, how long each page should be, who can and who should edit the content on professional books, etc. In some cases you see a book with a good contents outline but full of red links without any content. These makes Wikibooks a complicated project which is not good for languages which its speakers don't have a high online population. That's why I have requested for deletion of several Wikibooks projects by now. --Doostdar (talk) 08:52, 17 March 2019 (UTC)