Requests for new languages/Wikibooks Sindhi 2
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikibooks Sindhi 2|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||sd (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Sindhi||Language name in English|
|Language name||سنڌي ٻولي||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33997 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||AzChanna (NP), Kaleem Bhatti|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||Wikibooks||"Wikibooks" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikibooks talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Karachi||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
For Sindhi Wikibooks
- Oppose Sindhi Wikibooks would not have enough users. --Doostdar (talk) 13:55, 27 March 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose Per Doostdar. --Gce (talk) 17:55, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support and Clerk endorsed, We are making awareness in Sindh and Pakistan about Wikipedia for this we are also bring new users to Wikipedia and its Wikimedia Sister projects, We request here to approve Wikibooks Sindhi project, I'll assure and I'm hopeful we'll draw sufficient required users to contribute Wikibooks i.e. SindhiWikibooks project. Thanks.JogiAsad (talk) 09:26, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: Not enough users. -- CptViraj (📧) 09:15, 8 July 2019 (UTC)