Prośba o Komentarz (RFC)/Poziom aktywności użytkowników posiadających rozszerzone uprawnienia/Podsumowanie
Celem tej dyskusji jest ustalenie wytycznych do wykorzystania we wszystkich publicznych wiki Fundacji Wikimedia, w celu określenia minimalnej oczekiwanej aktywności posiadaczy rozszerzonych uprawnień administracyjnych, a także procesu odbierania tych uprawnień, tym, u których nastąpił długi czas nieaktywności.
A review by stewards of the activity of bureaucrats and administrators on all wikis (both concerning editing and administrative actions) has shown that there are significant numbers of bureaucrats and administrators:—
- who have never used their rights;
- who may have used their rights in the past, however, are no longer active on the wiki where they maintain such rights
Further, through anecdotal review of "requests for username changes" there is an indication that at some wikis these actions are either not done by the local bureaucrats at all, or only after an extraordinarily long time passing.
For the purpose of clarity, holders of advanced administrative rights in this document are defined as
Some WMF communities already have processes to review holders of advanced administrative rights. Examples of processes in use are:
- minimum activity levels by numbers of edits or administrative actions;
- maximum inactivity by time period;
- a recall process; or
- a confirmation process.
From a quick review by stewards, those wikis that have review processes mostly utilise a process that reviews activity for the past twelve months.
- It is not the purpose of this proposal to override any existing means of review through the community, nor override any higher standard currently used by the community. For example, stewards are currently confirmed on an annual basis by the whole of the Wikimedia Foundation community; whereas checkusers and oversighters currently have a higher standard with regard to periods of activity.
- It is not the purpose of this proposal to identify or specify the lists of either wikis or rights that have review processes or higher standards in place; such a list will be dynamic and would be developed subsequently. See the talk page for an incomplete list of examples.
- Amending clarification made 2013-04-26
- Initial statement: To define a period of time for maximum inactivity.
- Amended statement: To define a period of time for maximum inactivity without community review (as part of the request for comment from consultation)
- Some points were made that one year may be better, at this point the longer duration forms the proposal for the community. Part of the recommendation is in light of the low traffic levels of some of the small wikis.
- It is suggested that the audit will be either an annual, or semi-annual process, determined by each current set of stewards.
- Clarity: All public wikis will be examined by the stewards review process. However, neither notification nor removal actions will be taken with regard to communities with
The general topic has been discussed by stewards for a number of months. The proposal has been drafted by a number of stewards to a point where the community's input and suggested improvements are now sought.
If there is general agreement in the community, the points that we especially would like feedback from the community are with regard to
- suggested time period of activity
- suggested measure of activity
- suggested methodology of contact to inactive rights holders, and progressing of rights removals
- proposed that this RFC be open for a month, closing on 21 May 2013