- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
The Kanuri Wikipedia is empty and has been closed and frozen for over a decade now and the test wiki at Incubator hasn't had any recent activity, I hereby advocate its deletion on the grounds that
kr is the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code for South Korea and thus the domain should be redirected to ko:, like we have jp:, dk:, cz: etc. Championtalken-wiki 01:30, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- What about the Afrikaans Wikipedia af:? Shouldn't that redirect to the (Afghani) Farsi Wikipedia? Or the Amharic Wikipedia am:? Shouldn't that redirect to the Armenian Wikipedia? What about the Catalan Wikipedia ca:? Should that redirect to the Canada Wikipedia, eh? (Whatever that one is; I'm sure it won't be controversial in any way.) Wikipedias are named based on ISO 639 codes, not ISO 3166-1 codes, and it is impossible to redirect all them; I count four conflicts between modern languages and countries starting with a alone (Afrikaans/Afghanistan, Amharic/Armenia, Arabic/Argentina and Assamese/American Samoa). I'm not a fan of the current redirects, and absolutely oppose deleting a Wikipedia under a correct code to make a new redirect.--Prosfilaes (talk) 11:10, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose status of Incubator Wp/kr told me that this project is still a little active, and although I'm not sure how this site would likely be re-opened, I strongly recommand you, @Champion:, to request writting a notice like what I found on Twi Wikipedia:
--Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 15:08, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- I see no reason you can't do what Liuxinyu970226 suggests. Draft something in English and Korean, then go to SRM and ask a steward to add the notification to the closed wiki. Add a link to this discussion so that the stewards know why you are making the request. Just one note: Be sure your notice is neutral. Don't suggest that the code kr is somehow incorrect. It is not. StevenJ81 (talk) 16:45, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.