Proposals for closing projects/Deletion of Hiri Motu Wikipedia
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is rejected and the project will not be deleted.
- A Language Committee member provided the following comment: I suggested to reject this and similar requests because the only reason given for deleting is that these projects are unlikely to be reopened. Not much value in doing that was shown, and per phabricator:T168764#3378717 and the page linked from there it seems that such a deletion would only cause unnecessary technical problems, especially if by chance one of them should be reopened. --MF-W 23:16, 1 July 2017 (UTC) - Rejected. See also phabricator:T169928. --MF-W 22:19, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
- Type: 2 (non-routine proposal)
- Proposed outcome: project deletion
- Proposed action regarding the content: not applicable since what was there was already moved to the Incubator years ago, there's nothing to transfer.
- Notice on the project: IMHO not needed as projects were already closed 9 years ago.
- Informed Group(s): none.
ho: was closed in 2007 as per Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Hiri Motu Wikipedia. After 9 years of closure and no development of the test incubator project, I don't think we need this site up anymore and propose to delete it. —MarcoAurelio 21:19, 11 August 2016 (UTC)
- Support let's just DROP DATABASE howiki, there's no reason to use howiki again. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 05:24, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
- Support: There is no sense in keeping this subdomain with completely no useful content. Besides that, the incubator is not active and most of the pages there, are not in Hiri Motu. --Zerabat (discusión) 15:48, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
- Support: No use keeping it open. Gdog1102 (talk)
- Support, get rid of it. There's nothing there. This, that and the other (talk) 12:02, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose. There is no reason to delete already closed projects. For one simple reason: the project is there, and in case interested users build a community on the Incubator, it will be easier to unlock a wiki that is already there, than to recreate a wiki from nothing. --OosWesThoesBes (talk) 18:42, 4 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Not used wiki. --Cyrus noto3at bulaga (talk) 08:20, 6 May 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose. Per OosWesThoesBes. --Norrin strange (talk) 10:11, 14 May 2017 (UTC)
- Norrin strange, you cannot oppose this wiki. --cyɾʋs ɴɵtɵɜat bʉɭagɑ!!! (Talk | Contributions) 08:14, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support 3 pages and 2 of them with no useful content does not a wiki make. --Rschen7754 05:36, 18 June 2017 (UTC)
- Weak support but 1. please redirect these projects to incubator to avoid breaking links, 2. read wikitech:Delete a wiki, phab:T126832 and phab:T168764 before implantating (probably this is technically not worth doing and may be rejected by sysadmins).--GZWDer (talk) 06:58, 27 June 2017 (UTC)