Hey This, that and the other, I made some more tweaks to the page. Could you take a look and see what you think? (See the history for explanations of the changes.) Cbrown1023 talk 14:29, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for your time in proofreading this page. You're right, I'm not en-N and while I'm used to read and understand both written and spoken English, writting can be complicated at times. Thank you again. Best regards. -- MarcoAurelio (talk) 11:56, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll openEdit
You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Account on wikimediafoundation.orgEdit
Hi. I saw your note at Foundation wiki feedback. If you leave a request at WMFACCOUNT, I'd be happy to make you an account on wikimediafoundation.org. wikimediafoundation.org could use plenty of love. :-) --MZMcBride (talk) 02:36, 6 January 2013 (UTC)
Old English Wikibooks closure proposalEdit
We SHOULD close the vote IMMEDIATELY because the voting is inactive. If you agree, answer on my talk page, in order to inform the Langcom about the results of the vote, and to, thereby, CLOSE Old English Wikibooks. --220.127.116.11
- There's no hurry to close the wiki, since it isn't actually doing any harm by staying open a little bit longer. Having said that, though, I am surprised Langcom have left the closure request open for so long (at over 8 months, it is the longest period of discussion for any closure request since the new policy was implemented). This, that and the other (talk) 01:03, 30 September 2013 (UTC)
- I've now enabled e-mail notifications for mentions, so hopefully I should not miss them from now on! This, that and the other (talk) 00:30, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- You probably just missed it because echo mentions are not enabled it mainspace (there's a bug for it, but dunno which). :-( Could you please comment on the patch itself too? PiRSquared17 (talk) 16:51, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal ClinicsEdit
- External links can't be broken over two lines:
[http://www.example.com don't try this at home]
- But wikilinks can:
Hi! @Nemo added a patch that you submitted to Gerrit to the current issue of Tech News. Could you write a short sentence explaining what the patch does in simple terms so that we can include it in Tech News this week? Thank you! odder (talk) 12:07, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Odder, thanks for the message. I don't really think that is worthy of inclusion in Tech News. It's a fairly obscure change. Essentially, links such as
[[w:Foo]]on English Wikipedia were previously rejected as "bad title" errors, and now they are not. It's difficult to explain succinctly as it only affects a few wikis, and even then is of little interest to most contributors. If you want more detail, I suggest you peruse the bug reports linked from that patch. (Some of them are quite old!) This, that and the other (talk) 12:13, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi! You voted for the cross-wiki watchlist as an important suggestions in the community wishlist survey last year. I'm pinging editors who showed interest in that task to tell them we have some suggestions for how things could look, if you'd like to glance at them and give us some feedback. You can find them on the project page on Meta. If you'd like to share any comments, you're very welcome to do so on the talk page. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 00:49, 21 May 2016 (UTC)
2016 Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
Re title blacklistEdit
I am so not unicode literate to play blacklists, hence why I have been asking others to resolve. I have taken the binary response to the regex now, and will through the emphasis back the other way, as at least that now seems fairer for the same period of time. Maybe I will give each six months on, and six months off. It has annoyed me the approach by both sides to say (fix|leave) it rather than discuss and present a reasonable solution. Thanks for your comment it was at least closer to a solution, though not enough for me to action in my unicode illiteracy. — billinghurst sDrewth 05:53, 30 December 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks, billinghurst. I think the Arabic editors probably felt it was "obvious" that the blacklist entry should be removed, which made your job as stewards a bit difficult. Of course, what needs to happen is that a more subtle rule should be developed, similar to those that prevent mixed-script usernames. But I think we will leave that to the experts :) This, that and the other (talk) 06:00, 30 December 2016 (UTC)
After using your tools to make my life easier, I feel that I should cross Royal Parade and buy you a coffee, or maybe at Seven Seeds. [complete graft and corruption] If that is a plan that you like let me know. [Presuming that you will be back on deck soon.] — billinghurst sDrewth 13:50, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- Ah yes, I see that you have seen my GitHub page! I finally decided there was no longer any point separating my personal and professional identities. And yes, by all means, once uni semester kicks back in in a couple of weeks that sounds like a great plan. Let me know. For some reason I had it in my mind that you were in WA (perhaps you used to be there?), but it's pretty cool that you are actually closer than I realised. This, that and the other (talk) 10:17, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement InitiativeEdit
We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.
The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We have created the first project (Improve ebook exports), which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey. We now invite you to share your feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our project analysis; we want to hear from you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the project talk page!
-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)
Feedback requested: August update for Wikisource ebook export projectEdit
Hello, This,_that_and_the_other! The Community Tech team has posted an August update to the Wikisource Ebook Export Improvement project, and we would love your feedback. The update includes findings from our community consultation, results from two technical analyses, and proposed next steps for the project. Your feedback is crucial, and it will help us understand how to approach our work. For this reason, we invite you to check out the latest update and share your feedback on the project talk page. Thank you in advance! --IFried (WMF) (talk) 16:18, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)