- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
I propose to delete Alemannisch Wiktionary, Alemannisch Wikibooks and Alemannisch Wikiquote, for these reasons:
- These three wikis are empty except these pages mentioned above, and is closed since 2008. No need to have three empty wikis.
- These three wikis are closed per community consensus. Unlike closed wikis in some African and Oceanian languages, they will never be reopened unless new consensus reached.
- They are in incorrect als based domains. Deleting them may reduce the work of phab:T25215, and even if these wikis need to be reopened, they may be reopened under the correct gsw based domains.
- The community already agree deleting these wikis, according to Main Page of these wikis.
I also propose to redirect these domains:
- https://als.wiktionary.org/wiki/PageName -> https://als.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wort:Houptsyte
- https://als.wikiquote.org/wiki/PageName -> https://als.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spruch:Houptsyte
- https://als.wikibooks.org/wiki/PageName -> https://als.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buech:Houptsyte
and also gsw based domains:
- https://gsw.wiktionary.org/wiki/PageName -> https://als.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wort:Houptsyte
- https://gsw.wikiquote.org/wiki/PageName -> https://als.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spruch:Houptsyte
- https://gsw.wikibooks.org/wiki/PageName -> https://als.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buech:Houptsyte
--GZWDer (talk) 18:42, 15 February 2017 (UTC)
- Concur. The projects have all been absorbed into Alemannisch Wikipedia in different namespaces. (I took the liberty of updating the page names just above. StevenJ81 (talk) 19:21, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
- Support Keeping redirects can just be an Apache configuration work, perhaps we can also delete "ukwikimedia" in https://noc.wikimedia.org/conf/closed.dblist . --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:18, 11 March 2017 (UTC)
I placed a notice on the main discussion forum of the Alemannic Wikipedia (als:Wikipedia:Stammtisch), in case anyone from the community would like to comment. That might also be something to keep in mind for future proposals, to inform the communities involved as a nice gesture of transparency. --Terfili (talk) 13:17, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Pitpisit (talk) 05:41, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support sounds reasonable and would have the bonus of the redirects. --AFBorchert (talk) 18:56, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
I asked whether is possible at phabricator:T169450. --MF-W 23:25, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.