- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is accepted and the proposed actions should be taken.
- Explanation by the closing Langcom member: I have proposed closure to the Board after Langcom considered this proposal. Inactivity in itself is no valid reason for closure, but regarding the content, it was noted that the vast majority of the 179 main namespace pages are simply about words in several languages, containing nothing but the Zhuang translation of the word, but no definitions, as it should be in a dictionary.
It is worth noting that Zhuang Wikipedia and Wiktionary are the only projects currently open in the language, although there used to be others, which have been closed before. I assume the za wikis had simply been created a long time ago when someone created wikis for all ISO 639-1 languages or something like that; but there have never been many contributors. --MF-W 18:05, 20 September 2012 (UTC) --- as there were no objections, bugzilla:40614 has been filed. --MF-W 11:27, 29 September 2012 (UTC)
The Zhuang Wiktionary's activity is very low, the interface is completely in Chinese. Even from many month, this project inactive. According to this list, only bot and steward using it. They don't have any policies and guidelines page (namespace "Wiktionary"). I don't think the current community can keep a Wiktionary, in addition they can't keep Wikiquote, Wikibooks. --minhhuy (talk) 12:49, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
- Support. What minimal content there is, seems to only be translations (which are, of course, present on other Wiktionaries). No definitions in Zhuang language. IPs appear to have contributed most of the content, back in 2010. User:Alifshinobi has also been active. But there is no community to speak of. In short, nothing useful is present on this wiki, and nothing is happening to make it better. Content should be moved to Incubator so it can grow properly. This, that and the other (talk) 11:39, 9 July 2012 (UTC)
- Note, inactivity is not by itself a reason to close a wiki. But read my comment for other reasons why it should be closed. This, that and the other (talk) 11:46, 9 July 2012 (UTC)
- Support. I agree with This, that and the other. However I'm not sure if the LangCom would find wikt:za:Special:AllPages as absence of content. It can't count as content for me simple translations with no definitions, as opposed to other wiktionaries. — MA (audiencia) 10:06, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support. - A lack of defenitions, well, who would want such a small wiki? TheChampionMan1234 (talk) 04:27, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose. This wiki has content, even if it doesn't have a monolingual dictionary in it. --Jagwar 交談 homewiki 21:57, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.