Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Lojban Wikipedia 2
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is rejected and the project will be kept open.
- A Language Committee member provided the following comment: No chance to pass in this bad form. Proposal made by someone who seems to see making these proposals as a sport. --MF-W 20:48, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- Type: 2 (non-routine proposal)
- Proposed outcome: closure
- Proposed action regarding the content: move to Wikia, Shoutwiki, Miraheze...
- Notice on the project: jbo:uikipedi'as:bende ckupau#Closure request
- Informed Group(s): (Which chapters, wiki projects, and other community groups have been informed, if any.)
- Clerk comment. Proposal changed to closure. There is no cause to take this to sudden deletion (such as massive vandalism/spam attacks requiring oversight). StevenJ81 (talk) 13:40, 31 October 2017 (UTC)
Illojban Wikipedia should be deleted. It is a niche conlang, similar to Klingon and Tokipona, which were both closed and deleted. Not only that, but Lojban grammar is completely messed up compared to other conlangs (like Esperanto). The English Wiktionary defines Lojban words using loanwords from Lojban (like "gismu"), because it is so complicated that words like "noun" and "verb" do not apply to it. There was discussion of closing jbowiki around the same time that tlhwiki and tokiponawiki were closed. Tl;dr: jbowiki is unencyclopedic. KATMAKROFAN (talk) 01:26, 28 October 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose None of the statements above are a justification of closing the Lojban Wikipedia, and they've so poisoned the discussion that I don't see any point in discussing any other reasons without a fresh proposal.--Prosfilaes (talk) 02:37, 28 October 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose This Wikipedia is even not closed, where to delete? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 14:31, 28 October 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose From what I have heard, deleting a Wikipedia without closing it first causes technical problems. Also, your argument makes me think that you want to delete this project simply because of personal dislike of it, and not for any valid policy reason. DraconicDark (talk) 16:24, 30 October 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose per points stated above. Zhangj1079 (talk) 02:29, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.