- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is rejected and the project will be kept open.
- Explanation by the closing Langcom member: no reason to transfer to Incubator; there is content, no vandalism, it's just inactive
- See past discussion here.
The last update on Bosnian Wikinews was on March 2nd. There was a previous closure request; since then, the Wiki has remained almost totally inactive. That proposal seemed to spark a brief bit of activity, mostly from Bosnian Wikipedians who voted "oppose". But perhaps the time has come to accept the truth, this project is dead and keeping it open is only an embarrassment. Let it move to Incubator until a sufficient level of activity exists to support a full, usable site to provide news to the community.
Note that projects closing policy disallows inactivity as a reason for closing Wikipedias; Wikinews, however, requires activity to fulfill its mission, and this Wikinews has been inactive for quite a long time now, and was never really fully active to begin with. --Node ue 23:46, 12 September 2011 (UTC)
- On the one hand, there is nothing specific about 'Wikipedia' in the policy; it is equal for all projects. On the other hand, Wikinews is a special case because it more or less needs activity, however this is not explicitly specified in the policy. SPQRobin (talk) 22:52, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- (per above) Node ue 23:45, 12 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support. Reasonable request. Seb az86556 01:06, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support -Good request. ~~EBE123~~ talkContribs 20:19, 17 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support Vandalism isn't even reverted... But of course there are Wikinewses in practically the same state, f.e.: , which should be locked then as well. --OosWesThoesBes 11:43, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- Support - Every time when we do something like this I feel sad, too bad because nobody has a time to take care. I'll hope soon this guys are back.--Laslovarga 00:01, 12 October 2011 (UTC)
- Support closure, per nom. —stay (sic)! 15:30, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- At the moment I oppose as a native speaker. It´s obvious that the project is inactive. On the first proposal I wrote that I will take care about it, but personal reasons have lead me even to inactivity on bs.wiki. I will make a anouncement on bswiki to see who is prepared to work there. If noone will, I will support this proposal. --WizardOfOz talk 21:17, 26 September 2011 (UTC)
- Even the English Wikinews has relatively small number of contributors. It's very difficult to keep a Wikinews open in any language. Of course, remember that if it is closed, it's not permanent and that interested users may petition for it to be reopened in the future. --Node ue 20:18, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- I oppose as well. It would be hard to create a viable community elsewhere. I will oppose throught the process. -- Bugoslav 21:30, 26 September 2011 (UTC)
- On what grounds is your opposition? The facts of the case haven't changed. Do you disagree that a Wikinews needs constant activity to be useful? --Node ue 20:18, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.