Bug reports and feature requests related to the MediaWiki software which powers Wikimedia projects should be filed to Wikimedia Phabricator. Phabricator is a bug reporting tool and organization system used by many software projects.
For emergency problems on Wikipedia & sister projects, try to contact the developers by IRC #wikimedia-techconectar or on the wikitech-l mailing list (please subscribe to ensure that your message gets through and you receive replies).
For help with Phabricator (e.g., logging in and how to find tasks) see the Phabricator help.
Instructions for the user
If you find yourself dissatisfied with the level of service you are receiving from developers, please take note of the following facts:
- Most developers are volunteers.
- There are hundreds of unfulfilled feature requests, an ever-growing number.
- There are hundreds of thousands of users and only a few developers.
- Developers don't work 24 hours a day, plus there are different timezones on this world.
- Everyone wants to help, but no one has any obligation to fix all the bugs that you want fixed, or to answer all questions.
- The MediaWiki-*, MediaWiki-extension-*, and sysadmin-notice/developer-notice projects are not the correct places to report Wikimedia-specific issues/requests such as site configuration changes.
- If you get the Phabricator projects wrong, the correct developers are much less likely to find your task. This is because developers tend to watch specific projects and search for tasks listed against their projects. If you are unsure about what a particular project is for, try checking its description page (by searching for it using the input in the top right-hand corner of each page).