|Myanmar Wikimedia Community User Group|
Location of Myanmar
|Legal status||voluntary and non-profit organization|
|Approval date||31 January 2020|
|Other language(s)||English |
Myanmar Wikimedia Community User Group (MMR) is a Wikimedia user group for people living in, interested in or connected to Myanmar and also its relations/connections to the neighboring countries and around the world.
- Organize outreach program and workshop online or offline to promote Wikimedia projects in Myanmar
- Help people in Myanmar learn how to contribute to Wikimedia projects
- Help minority languages users in Myanmar to setup their own Wikimedia projects
- Gather more Myanmar related data to contribute to Wikimedia projects
- Planning to conduct seminar by Myanmar Wikipedia and Shan Wikipedia at Taunggyi, Shan State in January 2020
- Planning to conduct seminar by Myanmar Wikipedia and Mon Wikipedia at Mawlamyaing, Mon State in February 2020
- Co-operate with Phandeeyar Accelerator (www.phandeeyar.org) to conduct monthly workshop in Yangon in 2020
- Co-operate with Ministry of Education to start off Wikipedia in Education initiative
- Co-operate with Ministry of Culture to start GLAM-initiative in Myanmar
- Organize Myanmar Wikipedia Workshop in Bangkok, Thailand in 2009
- Participate at NetMonday event organized by Telenor Myanmar as Main Contributor and talk about Wikipedia to more than 2,000 University students at Dagon University, Yangon in 2014
- Participate at similar NetMonday event and talk about Wikipedia to more than 2,000 University students at Mandalay University, Mandalay in 2014
- Organize Wikipedia Editing Workshop at Mandalay University, Computer Science Department in 2014
- Organize Wikipedia Seminar in Yangon, Myanmar on October 2018
- Organize Wikipedia Seminar in Mandalay, Myanmar on November 2019
- Organize Wikipedia Workshop in Taunggyi, Myanmar on March 2020.
- Organize Wikipedia Online Workshop via Zoom on November 2020.
Please find the following link for Wikimedia Community User Group Strategy 2021 written in Myanmar Language.