|Myanmar Wikimedia Community User Group|
Location of Myanmar (red)
|Legal status||voluntary and non-profit organization|
|Approval date||31 January 2020|
|Other language(s)||English |
Myanmar Wikimedia Community User Group (MMR) is a Wikimedia user group for people living in, interested in or connected to Myanmar and also its relations/connections to the neighboring countries and around the world.
- Organize outreach program and workshop online or offline to promote Wikimedia projects in Myanmar
- Help people in Myanmar learn how to contribute to Wikimedia projects
- Help minority languages users in Myanmar to setup their own Wikimedia projects
- Gather more Myanmar related data to contribute to Wikimedia projects
- Planning to conduct seminar by Myanmar Wikipedia and Shan Wikipedia at Taunggyi, Shan State in January 2020
- Planning to conduct seminar by Myanmar Wikipedia and Mon Wikipedia at Mawlamyaing, Mon State in February 2020
- Co-operate with Phandeeyar Accelerator (www.phandeeyar.org) to conduct monthly workshop in Yangon in 2020
- Co-operate with Ministry of Education to start off Wikipedia in Education initiative
- Co-operate with Ministry of Culture to start GLAM-initiative in Myanmar
- Organize Myanmar Wikipedia Workshop in Bangkok, Thailand in 2009
- Participate at NetMonday event organized by Telenor Myanmar as Main Contributor and talk about Wikipedia to more than 2,000 University students at Dagon University, Yangon in 2014
- Participate at similar NetMonday event and talk about Wikipedia to more than 2,000 University students at Mandalay University, Mandalay in 2014
- Organize Wikipedia Editing Workshop at Mandalay University, Computer Science Department in 2014
- Organize Wikipedia Seminar in Yangon, Myanmar on October 2018
- Organize Wikipedia Seminar in Mandalay, Myanmar on November 2019
- Organize Wikipedia Workshop in Taunggyi, Myanmar on March 2020.
- Organize Wikipedia Online Workshop via Zoom on November 2020.
Wikimedia Projects of Languages Spoken in MyanmarEdit
Please find the following link for Wikimedia Community User Group Strategy 2021 written in Myanmar Language.