Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat/Archives/2012-11
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in November 2012, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Turn on Central Notice for anonymous users
Can someone turn on this campaign for anonymous users as well?
And while your at it... please linkfix the link to https://www.wikimediaconferentie.nl/ in both banners to www.wikimediaconferentie.nl. For some reason it does not work.
- I have changed the link to http only (the https was causing the problems). I have also turned on the anonymous users, as agreed on the CentralNotice/Calendar. Effeietsanders (talk) 09:34, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
- The https: link-problem took 2 days out of linking to the website and our servers have been down since yesterday afternoon, making the website unreachable again. Would there be a problem with lengthening the campain for an extra day? CyrielB (talk) 17:35, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
Can I please have an admin take a look at Talk:Interwiki map#Wikivoyage ASAP? I need it for my bot to post correctly, and currently we are moving content from Wikivoyage to Commons, so this needs to be done sooner rather than later. Magog the Ogre (talk) 23:28, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
- Actioned, though you'll have to flag down a dev to push the update through right away, rather than sometime in the next month. Courcelles 09:28, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
Pleas, stop the censorship
I make a request that some action is taken in order to allow my views to be displayed without any tyrant (with serious conflicts) remove; even more when this opinion is about himself. I do not think that is, first, ethical, and second that respects the ideas of transparency that the Wikimedia movement preaches. I do not know how she is sysop here, but I question the legitimacy of her position, since she has no character for this role. Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m 03:53, 8 November 2012 (UTC)
- That is a public application of a grant, and everyone has the right to support or raise objection on this. What I see from your edits, you tried to remove a legitimate comment from the talk page more than once, that is entirely not constructive. And aye, she is a sysop here, and she is also a GAC member, so she definitely has the right to comment there (as well as a simple editor). You are free to raise or ask questions to understand or clear her stand on that grant as she can do yours, but you cannot remove a portion like this. Hope this helps, thanks! — T. 04:25, 8 November 2012 (UTC)
I'd like to object to the very early closure of this.
This is a project with many problems, the most fundamental of which are an inability to fulfil its goal, and having become a vanity project, which actively drives people off to keep it to the core few. Only enough time was given for the few active users of Wikinews to respond, the proposal had several supports that backed the allegations, and I just don't see how stifling discussion helps the project in any way. Adam Cuerden (talk) 18:30, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
- This was closed by Langcom, so local sysops don't have the authority to reopen it, you'll have to make your case to that Committee, not here. Local sysops don't have any control over that process. Courcelles 19:03, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
- Yes hello. As you can read in the policy about project closures, in this section, the following is valid for such closures: This may be appealed to the closing member or to another member of LangCom, who may re-open it if that member finds the discussion to be of value. — So if appealing, could you maybe explain why you think that the reasons I gave are wrong? --MF-W 19:20, 19 November 2012 (UTC) PS: Discussion is still continuing, even though I marked the proposal as rejected.
Wikimedia Nederland has commissioned a survey among Dutch Wikipedia editors. I would like to ask for help in setting up a central notice banner to run from December 3 to December 19. (It's already in the calendar!). The text would be:
The links should be clickable. If possible, we would like to add an image: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Plume_pen_w.png.