A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is lunch)
|London 149||8 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Hong Kong 122||23 November|
|Oxford 78||17 November|
|London 148||10 November|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|Igbo Wiki Strategy Salon||24 August|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|Cambridge 41||12 May|
|London SkillShare 2||7 May|
|London Wikidata 2||2 May|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Manchester Wikimedia Meetup 2015 Number 30Edit
Sunday 23 August 2015 — 13:00 onwardsEdit
Venue: The Waterhouse (Wetherspoons), 67-71 Princess Street, M2 4EG
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invitation for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, discussing the business impact of mass collaboration, or articles about Greater Manchester will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
We usually meet in a quiet, family-friendly pub, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will still feel welcome and safe. Look for a small Wikimedia banner on the table, and we may also have laptops out.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.Edit
- Mike Peel (talk) 11:14, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
- Maybe we might give this one a miss if everybody else is on holiday? I won't bother to book the train unless a few more sign up. --RexxS (talk) 22:59, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- I'll willingly come if the meetup goes ahead, but I do see RexxS's point. How many is a quorum? JamesBWatson (talk) 14:06, 21 August 2015 (UTC)
- Unlikely that I'll be there. Bazonka (talk)
- I'm away! Sorry! PatHadley (talk) 18:52, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- Also unavailable. Sorry. Yaris678 (talk) 12:45, 19 August 2015 (UTC)
- I am in France- could you reschedule it for Montpellier? --ClemRutter (talk) 10:35, 20 August 2015 (UTC)