A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is lunch)
postponed until June
|London 153||12 April|
|Oxford 81||15 March|
|London 152||8 March|
|Kaduna 2020||29 February|
|New York City||18 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Hong Kong 122||23 November|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|Igbo Wiki Strategy Salon||24 August|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Manchester Wikimedia Meetup Number 28Edit
Sunday 26 April 2015 — 13:00 onwardsEdit
Venue: The Waterhouse (Wetherspoons), 67-71 Princess Street, M2 4EG
In the room right at the back
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, discussing the business impact of mass collaboration, or articles about Greater Manchester will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
We usually meet in a quiet, family-friendly pub, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will still feel welcome and safe. Look for a small Wikimedia banner on the table, and we may also have laptops out.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.Edit
- Hopefully Bazonka (talk) 08:40, 21 March 2015 (UTC)
- Mike Peel (talk) 20:00, 21 March 2015 (UTC)
- Yaris678 (talk)
- Maybe. I've put it in my diary (ColinFine (talk) 20:33, 28 March 2015 (UTC))
- A 'maybe' from me as well.--الدبوني (talk) 21:27, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
- Would appreciate a reminder, if that's possible Nikthestunned (talk) 13:26, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
- Probably.--MASHAUNIX 18:23, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
- Actually, I've just realised that this is London Marathon day. As the marathon almost passes my door, I'll be watching that on this occasion. Maybe next time! Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 18:48, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
- It will be my birthday and my daughter is visiting for the weekend. Maybe next month. --RexxS (talk) 23:31, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
- I'll join you one of these days, but can't make it this Sunday. PamD (talk) 06:58, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
- Looks like I won't be able to make this one. Mark MacD (talk) 17:06, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry I am at the wrong end of the country --ClemRutter (talk) 20:00, 25 April 2015 (UTC)