This Meetup is timed to be immediately after a training event round the corner. We are hoping that people at that event will come to the meetup. All other Wikimedians are also welcome. It would be nice to get a good mix.
|Oxford 79||19 January|
|London 150||12 January|
|New York City||18 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Hong Kong 122||23 November|
|Oxford 78||17 November|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|Igbo Wiki Strategy Salon||24 August|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|London SkillShare 2||7 May|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Manchester Wikimedia Meetup Number 26
Date and time: Sunday 23rd November 2014 — 4 pm
Location: Port Street Beer House, 39-41 Port Street, M1 2EQ
Note: new venue and time (see talk page)
A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Enjoy a drink (although alcohol consumption is not required)
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invitation for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Anything of interest to Wikipedia:WikiProject Greater Manchester will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
We meet in a family-friendly pub - so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.Edit
Maybe - Bazonka and special guest Mrs Bazonka!!! (But unfortunately we won't be able to stay too long.) (talk) Reminder please IJA (talk) 16:32, 6 November 2014 (UTC)
- Leela0808 because I can't make the Leeds one! Leela0808 (talk) 15:03, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
- Maybe. It turns out that a WMUK/Manchester Girl Geek training event is taking place on the same day, though, and I've been asked if I can help with that. :-/ Mike Peel (talk) 20:20, 12 November 2014 (UTC)
- ClemRutter (talk) Planning to be there.
- Yaris678 - I will be delivering training on the day and can be there at 4 pm. See Talk:Meetup/Manchester/26#Clash with a training session in Manchester. Yaris678 (talk) 11:55, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
- JamesBWatson (talk) 21:37, 21 November 2014 (UTC)
- Maybe. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 19:06, 22 November 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry IJA (talk) 14:39, 14 November 2014 (UTC)
- Can't make the later start time, but I think it's the best thing. You'll still have fun without me! Bazonka (talk) 18:23, 21 November 2014 (UTC)