A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is lunch)
postponed until June
|London 153||12 April|
|Oxford 81||15 March|
|London 152||8 March|
|Kaduna 2020||29 February|
|New York City||18 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Hong Kong 122||23 November|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|Igbo Wiki Strategy Salon||24 August|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Manchester Wikimedia Meetup Number 16Edit
Date and time: Saturday 12th January 2013 — 13:00 onwardsEdit
Location: The Sir Ralph Abercromby, 35 Bootle Street, M2 5GUEdit
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Anything of interest to Wikipedia:WikiProject Greater Manchester will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
We meet in a quiet, family-friendly pub - so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.
- Bazonka - hopefully
- Julia\talk Can probably make it.
- ClemRutter (talk) 16:04, 18 December 2012 (UTC) Yes- that should fit in nicely-no promises though.
- Godfrey - looking forward to the meet
- User:Leela0808 - I'm up for coming over from Leeds for this :-)
- RexxS (talk) – Lifts available: M6 Jcn 10 northwards.
- Hoping to be there; it's on my list of places to be. Rodhullandemu (talk) 01:48, 27 December 2012 (UTC)
- 184.108.40.206 14:55, 29 December 2012 (UTC)count me in
- I'd like to be there and please send me a reminder. i'm heading over from Sheffield Dawud Beale (talk) 14:57, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
- Hoping to be there. Bob1960evens (talk) 08:31, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- Mark M (talk) 11:52, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Aaagh. My good lady's birthday. Can't get there. Sorry.Hengistmate (talk) 12:36, 11 January 2013 (UTC)