|London 193||11 June|
|Cambridge 46||18 June|
|Oxford 90||18 June|
|Oxford 89||21 May|
|London 192||14 May|
|UK virtual 18||26 April|
|Portsmouth 3||23 April|
|Meetups at ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|WikiConference North America||11-13 November|
|Wikimania in-person events||11–14 August|
|Perth 73||23 July|
|Hong Kong 129 (WikiCafe HK #1)||19 December|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
London Wikimedia Meetup Number 156Edit
NOTE - This meetup will be virtual due to the Coronavirus pandemic
Date and time: Sunday 12 July 2020 13:00—18:00
(join at any time you can, no need to stay for the whole afternoon)
We will use Zoom video chat. the wub will host and send out invitations on the day via Wikimedia email to any users signed up below.
People of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome. Complete newbies also welcome.
Although this meetup is a continuation of the regular "London" gatherings, going virtual means geography is no longer a constraint so do feel free to join from anywhere you may be!
Please also invite any London/UK Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this:
- the wub "?!" 17:31, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- Gog the Mild (talk) 18:53, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- Femkemilene (talk) 19:54, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- — GhostInTheMachine talk to me 07:44, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- See you there. Mccapra (talk) 09:00, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- ClemRutter (talk) 20:05, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Probably Johnbod (talk) 13:28, 6 July 2020 (UTC)
- BessieMaelstrom (talk) 15:55, 6 July 2020 (UTC)
- Trains2050 (talk) 12:18, 8 July 2020 (UTC)
- Whispyhistory (talk) 16:53, 11 July 2020 (UTC)
- Serendipodous (talk) 23:44, 11 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support good candidate, has clue. ——SerialNumber54129 07:24, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 13:06, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
May be attendingEdit
- Mike Peel (talk)
- Hopefully, but nothing is guaranteed! – Amakuru (talk) 18:08, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- PamD (talk) 18:45, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- Cloptonson (talk) 19:11, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- I think I should be free for some of the afternoon. Joseph2302 (talk) 19:32, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- Will be joining 3-4pm Joseph2302 (talk) 09:58, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
- Won't be joining until 3-4PM at the earliest, but I'll be there as long as I can Loafiewa (talk) 20:19, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- Darren-M (talk) 21:44, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- no guarantee, but would be nice to drop in if its possible. Dreamy Jazz talk to me | enwiki 22:18, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- Deryck C. 23:00, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- Deb (talk) 07:25, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Andrew D. (talk) 09:49, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Almost certainly will be able to join. Hassocks5489 (talk) 21:58, 5 July 2020 (UTC) – Will be a bit late though. Hassocks5489 (talk) 11:45, 11 July 2020 (UTC) – Sorry, didn't make it in the end. Hassocks5489 (talk) 16:35, 13 July 2020 (UTC)
- Colonies Chris (talk) 09:30, 6 July 2020 (UTC)
- Probably Icarusgeek (talk) 12:45, 6 July 2020 (UTC)
- Hopefully! PaleoGeekSquared (talk) 17:20, 6 July 2020 (UTC)
- Fingers crossed! (Lajmmoore (talk) 08:02, 8 July 2020 (UTC))
- MassiveEartha (talk) 05:52, 11 July 2020 (UTC)
- Nick Moyes (talk) 01:36, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
Interested but not attendingEdit
About the meetupEdit
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's OakEdit
The Penderel's Oak is a Wetherspoons pub in Holborn.
Address: 283-288 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7HP (OSM) (GMap)
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube and Thameslink station is not too far. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles; 2 km), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles; 1.9 km) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.