This is the organisation page for the thirteenth Liverpool Wikimedia meetup. A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is lunch)
postponed until June
|London 153||12 April|
|Oxford 81||15 March|
|London 152||8 March|
|Kaduna 2020||29 February|
|New York City||18 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Hong Kong 122||23 November|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|Igbo Wiki Strategy Salon||24 August|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Thirteenth Liverpool MeetupEdit
Saturday, 23 August 2014, from 13:00Edit
Venue: Doctor Duncan's, 2 St John's Lane, Liverpool, L1 1HF
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Anything of interest to Wikipedia:WikiProject Merseyside will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
We haven't met in this pub before, so I'm not sure where we'll be sitting. However, we should have a a small Wikimedia banner on the table, and we may also have laptops out.
- I suggest in the door, right past the bar, and in the ceramic-tiled room if there's space in there. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 07:59, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.
- Probably. Mike Peel (talk) 19:33, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
- Expect to be there. User :Timothy Walker 29 July 2014
Should be able to make this one. Yaris678 (talk) 12:26, 15 August 2014 (UTC) Might finally make one! Samwalton9 (talk) 08:21, 18 August 2014 (UTC)Totally forgot :(
- I'll be about 10 mins late because of trains. --RexxS (talk) 22:27, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
Before the last meetup, User:Dr Lindsay B Yeates asked if someone could take a photograph of the statue of Hugh Boyd M'Neile in St George's Hall (opposite Lime Street station), put it onto Wikimedia Commons, and replace the current hand-drawn image on the article. (See the original request here.)
Unfortunately, a wedding was being held in the Hall, so it wasn't possible to get in. Perhaps someone could complete the mission while they're in Liverpool for this meetup instead?
- There's only very limited general access to the Hall, so it might not be possible. There's no access to the main hall floor, just the balcony on one side. The statue is apparently in one of the wall niches but I don't know which side, so it may or may not be visible from the balcony. One possibility is to visit when one of the occasional antique fairs is on in the hall itself. I'll try to investigate further. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 07:32, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- It might possibly be the one at the far right in this picture, in which case it'll be visible from the balcony. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 07:54, 27 June 2014 (UTC)