This is the organisation page for the twelth Liverpool Wikimedia meetup. A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is lunch)
postponed until June
|London 153||12 April|
|Oxford 81||15 March|
|London 152||8 March|
|Kaduna 2020||29 February|
|New York City||18 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Hong Kong 122||23 November|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|Igbo Wiki Strategy Salon||24 August|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Twelfth Liverpool MeetupEdit
Saturday, 21 June 2014, from 13:00Edit
Venue: The Richard John Blackler (Wetherspoon's), Units 1 & 2, Charlotte Row, Great Charlotte Street, Liverpool, L1 1HU
In the first left-hand booth at the top of the stairs on the right.
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Anything of interest to Wikipedia:WikiProject Merseyside will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
We will try to get the big table up the stairs at the back right. But it's often a busy pub, so this can't be guaranteed.
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.
I came to this pub and event last year. It was heaving with people and there was no indication where the Wikipedia Group was sitting, despite repeated tours of the room, looking. Landlady said she knew nothing about it. So left in a huff. Would that happen this year? TimothyWF (talk) 18:12, 4 June 2014 (UTC)
- I hope not. Normally we sit at the big table up the stairs on the right, but we can't guarantee that. This time I will have a small Wikimedia banner to display, so that should help. If we're not on that table, I can update this page with the location, so if you have a smartphone then you will be able to check it to see where we are. Also, we may have our laptops out. Bazonka (talk) 18:16, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
- Mike Peel (talk) 17:06, 13 June 2014 (UTC) - let me know if you'd be interested in a lift to the meetup from central Manchester.
- Boing! said Zebedee (talk) -
Might finally be able to make one! Not sure, but a provisional yes.Yep, looking good.
- RexxS (talk)
- Mark M (talk) 08:21, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
None so far