Kentucky Wikimedians User Group
Formerly Active Affiliate
This page is kept for historical interest. It documents a formerly active affiliate group whose recognition has ended.
To find active Wikimedia affiliates throughout the world visit the Affiliates Portal.
Kentucky Wikimedians is a community user group of people in Kentucky that provides outreach and assistance to individuals and organizations who want to create and improve Wikipedia content. The group is open to all people living in the region who are interested in participating activities that support the mission of the group.
To join the group add your name to the Members section of this page.
- To promote editing of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- To improve the quality of Wikipedia content.
- To organize in person events for local Wikipedians/Wikimedians.
Past local events in Kentucky include:
Future events and projectsEdit
Add ideas for future events and project. If several people are interested in helping with the planning, then we can do them!
To help with the success of events and project, many of them will include a corresponding remote virtual event. The benefit is a) to aid with the integration of content into related Wikipedia articles. b) to gain knowledgeable from experienced on wiki content editors. c) it's more fun to have more people involved!
- Sydney Poore/FloNight (talk) 16:37, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
- Sarah Carter (talk) 17:20, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
- Randolph.hollingsworth (talk) 18:09, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
- Willking1979 (talk) 21:35, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
- CQ (talk) 15:40, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
- Sarah Coblentz (talk) 12:39, 9 June 2016 (UTC)
- tractorCQ traction=progress
- GMGtalk 19:05, 9 November 2018 (UTC)
- Recognition of Kentucky Wikimedians User Group - June 2016
- Affiliation lapsed on 23 March 2019