Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition Kentucky Wikimedians User Group
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Kentucky Wikimedians User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "Kentucky Wikimedians will do outreach to Kentucky based organizations, and give assistance to individuals and organizations who want to create and improve Wikipedia content."; and
- Application Review
- With regard to Kentucky Wikimedians User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Based on this review I would like to approve Kentucky Wikimedians User Group's application and grant them user group status for one year. If there are no concerns or objections, I will move forward with this action 7 June, 2016, after a 72 hour window for AffCom members to raise potential concerns or objections.
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Kentucky Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 7 June, 2016.