en:Wikipedia:replies expresses disgust at the shortage of "upstanding intellectuals". But how many intellectuals do we actually have?
- Dr.Krant M.L.Verma Born 1947 (India)
- Antandrus Yep, I'm sure, I'm in my 40s and I think I know by now.
- Anonunit I've been called an idiot, among other things similar to such name-calling, but I have an excuse for every stupid thing I've ever done. "It wasn't my fault! I blame..."
- Carla Pettigrew Hufstedler
- Cat How could any Wikipedian NOT qualify?
- How about Willy on Wheels?
- cuiusquemodi likes to think he is, but lacks the official credentials. For now. Watch this space.
- FrankB - not sure if I qualify, but count me in!
- JB82 (also JB82) - Quasi-intellectual (neurologically typical, possessor of A.S., so that should get me some brownie points. AM I RIGHT PEOPLE?)
- JustinC Yep. I'm a nerd.
- MSTCrow This represents my protest against non-inellectuals and poseurs who claim to be intellectuals while feeding on tripe. You know who you are. Or not...well, you wouldn't, would you...hrm.
- Myrtone86 I qualify too, but I am often "up in chains" on wikipedia and and my views have not been respected much.
- Noesis Quoted Aristotle while proposing to my wife. I also think metaethics is a "hoot".
- Zanimum Despite the topics I work in (ie Sesame Street), I was in the enhanced learning/mode 3/"brainer" class from grades 6 through 12.
- Vincent Ramos (et fier de l'être, malgré tout ce que le terme connote de péjoratif)
- iKato I consider myself one.
- Sarge Baldy
- Ryan I think I'm in the wrong place.
- WikiFan04 classified as "gifted" as a child. I have Asperger's, as well.
- Anglius 19:54, 7 February 2006 (UTC)
- OrbitOne Well, lets see. Home schooled in a twisted family, I have traveled internationally and I pretty much am screwed up. I think it is safe to say I am an Intellectual poet. That or I just am screwed up because I dont consider myself 'human'.
- I have two university degrees and am a fellow of two Royal Societies.--Cato 16:37, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- Actually I prefer the term NERD (or rather sexy nerd). But quasi-intelectual is also ok. I also have A.S.. I am an eternal student, God knows how many credits I have from the University, I long since stopped counting, but I think a list of my subjects cover a couple of papers... I look sufficiently nerdish that no one doubts I am a student, although I am 36 years of age...--Oddeivind 07:08, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Allan Javier Aguilar Castillo