|← Discussion pages||Help Forum||Archives →|
This page is for asking questions about how to use or edit |
- 1 many username with the same letters?
- 2 Help! Help! Help! Gujarati Wikipedia Project
- 3 What's different between a global ban and a global lock?
- 4 Confirmed rights for Bot-Account needed
- 5 where to sending copyright permissions
- 6 Translated a page but nothing is changed
- 7 I'm blocked on the wiki where I'm a sysop and here on Meta-Wiki
- 8 Import templates and modules from English to Gujarati Wiktionary
many username with the same letters?Edit
Is there any rule about usernames with the same letters? they didn't has any edits and there is two years in their creation sometimes.
- user:Mardetanhaever 05:48, 26 April 2014 User account Mardetanhaever talk contribs was created automatically
- user:Mardetanhaishab 04:14, 11 November 2015 User account Mardetanhaishab talk contribs was created automatically
- user:Mardetanha13 05:44, 10 April 2016 User account Mardetanha13 talk contribs was created automatically
- user:Mardetanha koskesh (This username has a rude part "koskesh" meant "Pimp" in persian.)
19:16, 22 February 2017 User account Mardetanha koskesh talk contribs was created automatically
- user:Mardetanhaim 22:07, 26 August 2018 User account Mardetanhaim talk contribs was created automatically
and there is some in wiki persian
- کاربر:Mardetanha He's an Administrator.
Help! Help! Help! Gujarati Wikipedia ProjectEdit
Sir, please help! some administrators of Gujarati Wikipedia project are doing injustice to me. Together with their friends they are behaving biased with common editors. They have blocked me for 1 month without any reason. To keep the Wikipedia unprejudiced and clean we need immediate help from you everyone. Please Help us for the name of God.
Take some strong actions against Gujarati Wikipedia admins.
What's different between a global ban and a global lock?Edit
Confirmed rights for Bot-Account neededEdit
I could not find an administrator notice board on meta, so I have to ask here. I need confirmed user rights for my new bot-account User:BotLeo for the OAuthConsumerRegistration(Owner-only consumer). The bot itself is requested on commons. --GPSLeo (talk) 18:30, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
where to sending copyright permissionsEdit
I have email permission to share on Wiki the web archives of an elderly archivist, which email should I send it to please?
- Does this archivist actually own the copyright? Or the materials are in public domain? Ruslik (talk) 16:58, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
- My understanding is Yes, most of the material is clearly submitted as Own by ex pupils, school booklets for example, but I do understand and appreciate your question - for example if a pupil submitted a 1951 panoramic picture of the school pupils do they Own it? I myself traced such a photography company for a 1978 photo, enquired, but got no reply so where does that leave me? Also, the site www.eyemead.com/open.htm has been published many years. There is no previous copyright claims to my knowledge. Any advice appreciated! Gedgmoss (talk) 09:14, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
Translated a page but nothing is changedEdit
I have translated the page Wikipedia Asian Month to German but nothing is changed (no new language version added). Any ideas what is going wrong here? Thanks in advance --Furfur (talk) 10:02, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
- @Furfur: Seems fine now, please check. 大诺史 (Talk/留言/토론/Discussion) 03:58, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
I'm blocked on the wiki where I'm a sysop and here on Meta-WikiEdit
Hello, I'm User:L2212, an admin and interface admin on sc.wiki. Today, while I was trying to make an edit on the Community portal, I got this message:
Error: This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Inappropriate username
I also get this message if I try to make any edit on any other articles on sc.wiki and even here (and that's the reason why I had to post this message while being logged out). Why is this happening? What is that supposed to mean? And, more importantly, could someone please unblock my account?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- @L2212: It seems like a message when triggering an abuse filter. See sc:Ispetziale:AbuseLog. It seems like the global filter 227. I do not have the access to view the log. I will ask for help from a meta admin at meta:RFH--94rain Talk 02:51, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
Import templates and modules from English to Gujarati WiktionaryEdit
I want to import Category:Gujarati_modules and Gujarati templates in Gujarati Wiktionary. Gujarati Wiktioanry has no admins so can anyone help in import? -Nizil Shah (talk) 04:38, 7 December 2019 (UTC)