Hardware donation program/T Cells
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- T Cells
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I am co-founder of Wikimedia User Group Nigeria and a project manager of the group. Currently, I am working on building community for Yoruba language Wikipedia where I am a sysop (admin). I am also a license reviewer on Wikimedia Commons. I began editing Wikipedia with a mobile phone (blackberry bold 3 and later bold 5) and in 2016 I bought a used laptop. It worked fine for about a year and half but it no longer work effectively. Sometimes, it would trip off for no apparent reason. So, I change the battery but my guess was wrong as the problem continues. Few days ago, the screen was blanked. I need to change my laptop but I am not financially buoyant enough to do so now. If I'm gifted a used laptop, it would help to strengthen my work on Wikimedia Commons and Yoruba Wikipedia. I have stop my translation work on Yoruba Wikipedia for some times now because I cannot assign diacritical marks using a phone. I'll fully resume my translation work once I get the laptop.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Yoruba Wikipedia
- Wikimedia Commons
- Meta Wiki
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- Ìṣekúpa Abraham Lincoln
- My past and current works
- Wikimedia Radio and TV Program
- Wikimedia Fan Club in Nigeria
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Long overdue Olaniyan Olushola (talk) 22:27, 21 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Whole heartedly, kudos to your great work Isaac O., WMF supporting you with a hardware will definitely boost your work! --Alangi Derick (talk) 20:29, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support Should be a net advantage. Sorry about your current troubles. Mahveotm (talk) 11:41, 4 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support --J. Ansari Talk 13:23, 4 August 2018 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.