Wikimedia User Group Nigeria/Wikimedia Radio and TV Program
Wikimedia User Group Nigeria (WUGN) launched a Wikimedia Radio and TV program on Blackface Radio on the 11th of January 2017. It is a live program conceptualized to create awareness for Wikimedia activities in Nigeria.
The radio program was birthed by a Wiki Loves Women event in Nigeria. It features live interviews of content partners from Wiki Loves Women and also Wikimedians across the globe. It comes live on air between 19:45 to 20:45 h local time in Nigeria (West Africa Time) every Wednesday.
Objectives of the programEdit
- To provide awareness for all activities of the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria
- To serve as a hub where all Wikimedians across the globe can be reached and share their experiences to the community at large
How do we achieve this objective?Edit
- Invitation of Wiki Loves Women content partners to share their experience on the project.
- Live connection with Wikimedians across the globe through phone in to share their experience with the global community.
The scope of this project is to create awareness about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- Below you will find a list of recorded programs:
Wiki Loves WOMEN
11 January 2017
Wiki Loves WOMEN
25 January 2017
Interview with User:Rberchie, one of the organizers of Wikiindaba 2017 and Wiki Loves Women Coordinator in Ghana
Interview session with Florence Devouard (User:Anthere)
Interview session with User:Islahaddow
Interview session with Alangi Derick
International Women Day (2017) Interview with Blossom Ozurumba by Wiki Loves Women Team
An Hour With Wikipedia 15 March 2017
Interview with Brigitte Doellgast from the Goethe-Institut
Interview session with Akin Ojo, a senior lecturer at the Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ), talking about preparation for launch of Wiki fan club at the institution
Interview session with Ayoukunle Odedare, an active Wikipedian from the University of Ibadan (UI)
Interview with Princess Olufemi-Kayode, child right activist
26 April 2017